First on the list

Posted , 16 users are following.

Well I've had the call, got to be at the hospital at 6.30am tomorrow and am FIRST on the list. My bag is packed and I'm feeling ok. I have appreciated the discussions on this forum so far and look forward to being able to help someone else be so reassured and informed as I am feeling one day.

I'll be back!!

Julia

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Julia!  It will all be over be this time tomorrow hopefully, and then you can look forward to a new bionic you! 

All the best

Juliet

• Posted

Ooh, how exciting Julia.  All the very best and keep us posted.  

Laura 

• Posted

Dear Julia, 

good luck for tomorrow. It's good to be first...I was the 5th and the waiting was endless.

Let us know how it all went.

All the very best

Ella 

• Posted

Good luck Georgie

great being first on the list. I had to wait until 3pm, just wanted to get on with it

we will be here for you 

onwards and upwards!!!!!!!

Carol

• Posted

Good luck for tomorrow I'm sure all will go well. I've found this forum a great help as you obviously have I look forward to hear how you get on. Take care 
  • Posted

Hi Georgie, 

by now you will probably be back in your room with a nice new hip!! I hope all went well for you, and that you have a speedy recovery, advice: get your husband/partner/mum/wotever to bring you in TEABAGS!! hospital tea and coffee is rank lol, get well,

love Lynne x

• Posted

sorry Georgie , it's tomorrow, I only just realised that, just got up, lol, anyway good luck x
    • Posted

Hey Lynne all good!! Yes I'm just going to bed in Australia. I have tea bags and coffee too !!
  • Posted

Good luck to you Julia.  How long did you have to wait from your first consultation with the orthopaedic surgeon?
    • Posted

Thanks. I waited about 9 weeks. I was put on the 'admission within 90 days' list because I was almost completely immobile and taking heavy pain medication. Feel very fortunate to have been done so quick. Average wait here is 12 months.
  • Posted

Hi good luck! You will be pleased to get it over and done with! Make sure you have a good team of helper's on your return home! Regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.