First Weeks of Citalopram/Celexa

Posted , 8 users are following.

Today marks my 36th dose of Citalopram, but the 8th dose of 40mg. I started at 20 mg and went up to 40 on day 28.

Wondering if anyone else is around the 2-4 week mark of taking this med and what side effects they have been experiencing and if/when they felt they deminished.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi,

I was on this drug a few years ago ,at 20 mg for 5 years.

my main side effects for about 2 weeks were

agitation

palpitations

lossof appetite

insomnia

all were gone after 2 weeks

• Posted

hi again,

to help me with the agitation,

I was getting 5 mg of Centrac for the first week.

then the medicin took over gradually, and the agitation gone at the end of the second week.

dont worry and good luck!

• Posted

I suffered from panic attacks for the first week or two. I've been on the drug for years and am currently going through my third week of withdrawal symptoms from it.

• Posted

Yes, I'm suffering from increased panic attacks. Thanks for your input!

• Posted

I started taking it on July 31 and started the good feeling the second week of september. You should give it a good 6 weeks before it starts to kick on.  I have seen all sorts of symptosm such as nausea, abdominal disconfort till this time. 
  • Posted

I was on it for 3 weeks then told to stop because of terrible palpitations my anxiety increased to a state of panic mind raced I felt horrible..... just don't stop it abruptly reduce a 1/4 every 2 weeks then you won't get withdrawls..... goodluck my daughter used it with great success just didn't work for me

• Posted

I had to abruptly stop Sertraline one day and start Citalopram the next, with 20mg, then a week later 30mg, and tomorrow 40mg. My main side effects are up in my head.........headache, spaced out feeling, dizziness, dry eyes, blurred vision.  
    • Posted

yes most of mine are in my head too.  Dry mouth, eyes feel funny, vision changes, racing thoughts, pressure in my face.  Good luck on the 40.  Today was my 8th day on 40.
    • Posted

I might leave the 40 till Sunday....I'm going to a christening and don't want to be spaced out, so will take 30 in the morning, and 10 late afternoon. Do you feel any better in yourself....sleep, appetite, energy, motivation?

• Posted

My sleep is fine, but it never really was effected by the meds, other than the horrible "night panic" I've read about from other people.  I've had two of those so far, both within the first two weeks of taking each dosage.  My appetite is still low.  Motivation....comes and goes.  I just started my second week of 40 today, so i'm hoping week 2 shows more imporovement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.