Five Months Today!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Yay!  I have celebrated my five month post op status by standing in the kitchen with my three granddaughters preparing meals and then cleaning up afterwards and then playing a fun card game with them.

This may not be exciting by some standards, but for me it is WONDERFUL!  For that year and a half of laying around because of the failed device after my first LTHR and the excruciating pain was so bad that I was unable to do life's daily tasks.  My revision surgery left me able to walk, sit and lay down without pain. Praise God!

So now, the most difficult thing to do is to re-establish a daily routine.  Having a delay in my post op recovery due to extensive bone grafting, and being left anemic for, well, just recently, it has been difficult to re-establish a daily routine. However, just this week, I have been able to be standing up with my girls in the kitchen and they seem to really love it.

Excruciating pain for a long period of time without pain medications caused me to feel helpless and angry.  I changed.  And my little family suffered with me.  I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be getting back to some normalcy.  Two year battle is now behind me.

So, I just wanted to celebrate with all of you too, because without this site I could have not made it through all I have been through.

Celebrate!  Celebrate!  Dance to the music!

Love to all,

Dawn, USA

7 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Dawn,

It sure is the everyday things that count so much.....and these moments of joy don't cost anything. 

Sounds like you suffered for a long time, my mother had a similar situation and was helpless without even a prosthesis in place for over 12 months. Finally good to see normal things we all take for granted like sitting, standing, walking. 

Now, here I am at 45 nearly 4 weeks after having a RTHR reaching similar milestones. 

Its ts just great to feel like yourself again isn't it!!

So, congratulations from down under from a new hippy.

🌈💌🌈💌🌈💌

• Posted

Glad you could join in with my rejoicing party!  Welcome new hippy and I hope you find all the wonderful that I have found on this site in this forum!  It is great to feel like myself again and I almost forgot what it was like and I love it!
  • Posted

Congratulations Dawn, we rejoice with you. It gives every one much hope and pleasure to hear your sucess.
    • Posted

Thanks for joining my rejoicing party jhb!  This is what is so great about this site!  We can rejoice together and all of the support I received from the lovely people on here helped me keep from giving up.  
  • Posted

Dear Dawn ... 

You made it through the rain (love Barry Manilow) - What a journey ! Not only physically but also emotionally ... gives me goose-bumps ... 

I am so happy for you and also your little family ... 

you will get back to the daily routine, don;t worry ... 

now you can dance and celebrate - no stopping you now ..

Bless you and your loved ones -

warm hug and good night

renee

• Posted

Hi Dawn

So glad everything has gone so well for you. It is the little things that make you smile that makes it all worth it and be glad there is a way to releave that awfulk pain and let you get on with life..

• Posted

Thanks Hailea!  Yes, I am so thankful that there was a way out of that pain!
  • Posted

Lovely positive post. Grandchildren are such a blessing and I feel blessed too to be able to spend time with mine. Nearly 4 seeks post lthr and played cards with grandchild yesterday. You will soon get back a daily routine in the meantime enjoy all the little things.
    • Posted

Thanks Attractac!  I am raising mine so I have been a bit cheated of the pleasurable part of grandparenting, but they sure were a help top me through it all.  
  • Posted

We have all been through something to get to hip replacement  but massive respect to you Dawn for not only coming through a nightmare situation but managing to see the positives once again.

I'm dancin' for you - well jigging about in one spot really, but soon.....

• Posted

Thanks Kate!  Ha!  Yes jiggling in one spot but soon you will be all over the place!
  • Posted

Hi Dawn,

Super posting -

Can my new hip fly over and have  a hippy hippy 5th birthday party together?

mic

xx

• Posted

Hi Dawn

congratulations🎉🎉🎉

lovely post, enjoy the grandchildren, they grow up too fast!

best wishes

Carol😄 Xx

• Posted

Thanks Carol!  They are almost all grown up!  11, 12 and 14.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.