Five weeks Post Op

Posted , 10 users are following.

Here we are 5 weeks Post FHR. Physio exercises three times daily and am walking 2 miles daily.Stair climbing is normal no stick or banister...... The only draw back I still have a limp which I developed two and a half years pre op. The only pain I feel is muscular so no panic there it will probably pass in time. In fact I can stand on the operated leg with the uniperated leg raised unsupported for 60 seconds......

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You sound as if if you're doing very well.  I'm on the other side of a hip op (still waiting) and you are doing much more than I can.  Well done x
  • Posted

Hi Sammy

Hey it seems like you are doing well...especially the walking which my physio says is the best exercise.

I developed a limp pre op quite badly, and find that it is diminishing with Alexander technique lessons on my posture.

So this may not work for you but simply a suggestion

Take care

Mic

• Posted

Hi Sammy ... yep!!!  i agree - you are doing great --- Unfortunately I have this limp too and it is not getting better because other hip is acting up and will need surgery too - so, like a duck I am wobbling with my cane - when I don't use it, I walk even worse - 

have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing !!!!

big hug

• Posted

Hi Sammy

I was told to keep using 2 crutches until my 6 week check as it would help me walk straight and without a limp. I go for short walks with 1 crutch and often around the house with none but find I do limp with none so maybe there's something in that?

• Posted

Hi Sammy your doing well. I am 7 weeks post op on Thursday and doing the things as you. I am still using a stick though. Enjoying my walking though as I knnow this is the best excercise
  • Posted

Hi sammy

sounds like you are doing well  I'm only two weeks and hope I will be where you are at 5 weeks. 

I too limped badly before op and turned my foot outwards. I am trying not to do this now, but I posted earlier because of one leg longer than the other I am sure this doesn't help. I wish they would tell us more about how to be more evenly balanced. Mic suggested Alexander technique I don't know anything abou it, but  I will look it up now, try anything that might help. 

trouble is like lots of you all this is causing more pain in my other hip. 

Hot, hot hot here today already

im impressed with your progress though. Well done you 

carol x

• Posted

Sounds great. Mind you i could only do a mile before hip got really bad. 2 days post op and waiting for physio for first walk
  • Posted

Sounds like good progress. You might not need a stick but you could  possibly use one to retrain yourself not to limp. It will give you a bit of support to enable you to use the muscles in the correct way.

I'm 9 weeks and although I could walk without sticks earlier I was limping. I carried on using them and really focused on walking properly. Now I hardly limp unless tired.

• Posted

Sammy please be careful. Remember your bone is trying to make new bone to the prosthesis too much of walking too soon could hamper that process.surely down the road you don't want it to come loose?
  • Posted

congratulations....that makes a whole new world for your future.  continue to the great progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.