Flank pain on left side and back and now it is getting worse. Could it be kidney problems?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started to experience an annoying pain on my left side below my ribs but above my hips and a little bit on my lower back but I didn't see a doctor because it only occurred at night and would go away after a few hours if I walked around. This week it became much worse where I can only sleep two hours at a time and the pain is so bad I feel nauseous and can't lay back down. I saw my doctor about it and he thinks it is a kidney problem but I don't have uti symptoms and my pee looks normal. I am getting a CT scan this week but I am worried that it might be something other than my kidneys and I waste a lot of money on the CT scan due to my crappy insurance. Other symptoms I have is light headed from lack of sleep I think, loss of appetite, and headaches. These might be due to the lack of sleep but I'm not sure because I have to split my sleep cycle up due to the pain of laying down. Any ideas what this could be caused from if it isn't a kidney issue? And if a kidney problem, can you have fewer symptoms withkidney issues sometimes?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your symptoms sound similar to mine except my pain is horrible whether I'm lying down, sitting or standing. I was wondering if you have found an answer yet? Hope to hear from you.

• Posted

Hello..I've just read your post do you still.suffer ? I'm having same problems..Pain across middle of back to left side and pain travels down my left side also..suffered now for around 5 weeks..doc dismissed its my kidneys..I had to ask for a urine sample to be done much to her annoyance, she said was clear . She also said was just muscular but I know my body and I'm.sure it's kidney related. Did you get a diagnosis ?..

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I am going through the same thing, it has been 4 weeks yesterday, having had multiple urine sample tests and a CT scan checking for kidney stones clear. I have an appointment to see a urologist next Tuesday, I will let you know how I get on if you'd like.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.