Flare up of my PTSD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I have suffered PTSD for over 6 years now and my PTSD has started to flare up again with vengeance this time. My PTSD hasn’t bothered me for over a year and now it’s started to come back again like it did before when I was at my worst time. To the point of me not caring about my friends or my family about what they think about me and me not really caring about their feelings, have augments with my wife over nothing but make it sound like the first thing in the world. Do you have any advice on how to get through this at the moment? I’m really struggling and just don’t know if this is normal (to have flare ups) or if I’m just giving up on the people I care about because they are selfish. Any advice would be very helpful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Russell. You were fortunate to get a break for over a year of having PTSD. Can you look back and reflect on why you had that break? ...what therapy,treatment and help did you find were very helpful at the time. Yes it is normal to have flare ups ... We are all human ...don't give up ...you have a wife and family and friends who do love you and are staying by your side. I often listen to DESIDERATA on Utube helps... You are a child of the Universe .. You have a right to be here. 
  • Posted

Hi you need to work out what is triggering it, may be you need medical support or more help when you're stressed etc.
  • Posted

I also have ptsd. I found taking long walks to help clear my mind. Trying to find something that will help me vent or get these feelings out. We all have to find out what works for each of us. What works for me might not work for others.

Are you talking to a therapist? Attending any types of groups? I found this has helped me so much.

Please try not to beat yourself up. We all go through this. You can always talk to your wife. Explain to her what you are feeling. Discuss this with your family. Tell them you are going through this and they need to try to understand without adding to it.

Really sorry you are going through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.