Flaring bad temper & forgotten how to care about partner...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I am under a lot of pressure but the speed and venom of my temper is truly frightening!  I literally feel like I could lose the plot!  In addition to my complete lack of libido I seem to be struggling to feel the nice things for my partner that I am supposed to.  I know they are there but I feel numb.  On the other side, my sad upset and angry feelings seem to be live and kicking!  Bought some Progesterone cream ( bio identical) just need to pluck up the courage to try it!  Any comments of help welcome xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry your going through such an awful time. I had a complete hysterectomy and Dr put me on Estradiol 2 mg once daily, I feel the same except the weight gain. but I often feel angry towards my husband of 19 years, he treats me like a queen and is always saying nice things to me but sometimes I feel like he's lying and just the littlest things will set me off, so far I'm able to keep my feeling hidden, and hopefully I can till they pass.

good luck

• Posted

Hi Leah thank you so much for replying.  I haven't had a Hysterectomy but I also have put on 2 stones in about a year after being a tiny size 6 all my life!  I get the lying thing.  I just doubt everything but mostly myself!  It is getting harder to hide things for me as I find myself either screaming at something or somebody or bursting into tears!  Hope things work out for you, I think you may find the Estradiol will help xx

• Posted

Its real nice for youto come on a public forum and share what your feeling about hubby.

Please please please try and treat him right if you can, Ive done a hell of a lot of reading about peri and menapause, unfortunately he wont know whats going on as the hormone fluctuations are controling you your thoughts at the mo.

Ive just been through the same with my partner but unfortunately she would not seek any help and told me there was nothing wrong, its nothing to do with peri and told me to leave as she feels nothing for me anymore 

I cant stand to see another relationship ripped apart by this nasty peri that you poor woman have to go through.

Take care 

• Posted

Awww Steve so sorry! The only good thing here is that our change in behavior is hormonal, and were not crazy. If I were her, I would like answers. Good luck!
    • Posted

I know your not crazy and change in behaviour is hormonal, as was my partners,

I'm just so gutted that she didn't recognise it and seek any help either through a forum like this or gynecologist, such a shame

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.