flashes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello I posted on this forum several weeks back about my eyes and probable visual snow  my vs had died down dramaticall like it's slowly fading away(it's defenetly more manageable... but not 5 minutes ago I noticed little floater like flashes( you know the little floaters that appear in the sky or on bright white surfaces not the black spots)  of light it only lasted like 10-15 seconds then it died away should I seek help or is something this benign or should I wait and see(heh) if this was a one off?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i would be very interested to see where you go with this. I also have suffered with Visual Snow for a long time and am currently under a constultant for my eyes but he doesn't seem bothered by this even though I feel it is quite serious. Please let me know how you get on. Good Luck 

xx

• Posted

Yes, it's died down even though I don't know how I did it like I said I feel like it's slowly less visable especially at night and during the day looking at walls during the day is now more like a shimmer, now Ive been wearing my refractive(is that the word) glasses (and refrianed from doing......uh..what men do) and that's made it significantly more bearable

Oh I also noticed when I look at the sky(where my vs was the worst) during the day i notice not grainyness now it's like a whole horde of transparent floters moving down over my sight barley visable but there 

• Posted

Sounds beniegn, probably white blood cells,there are clear floaters also. My thoughts only,im not a doc.
  • Posted

I have VS and floaters too. I know excatly what you mean by seeing all those little things in the sky, bright white surfaces (although I try not to look at it too long). Did your VS die down on it's own or have you been doing anything special?

• Posted

oh wait I just noticed that you don't know what you did to make the VS less visable... you didn't make any changes to your lifestyle? or maybe you're less anxious?

• Posted

Maybe that's it would that explain how it's going away gradually?  because at the moment I'm looking at my wall and seemes that only some of it is shimmering and at night it's still more noticable but a lot less grainy than it used to be. I think now it's more the case of me activley looking for it that makes it more noticable, which is something that's hard to get out of your mind once it's begun, also, since wearing my reflactive glasses it's went down dramatically I still get the morning blues(where i wake up and my VS is worse but then fades away after 10-15 minutes)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.