Flat before injection how to get energy up.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm due my jab in 2 weeks time, and this is the worse iv felt, energy nothing 19 hrs sleep and still tired. Aching joints. Had this just over 12 months since diagnosed. Any thoughts

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am the same and it seems to be starting earlier and lasting longer. 2 weeks before my b12 I am tearful, can't sleep and no energy and in a lot of pain it then takes another week or so until my injection kicks in and I feel normal again! I would love to know if there is a solution?!

I've been on injections for coming up 2 years!

• Posted

Have you had your folate and ferritin checked lately? B12 treatment causes larger demand on folate and ferritin. May be worth checking vit d, thyroid function, potassium and magnesium. A daily b complex to balance your other b vitamins too.
    • Posted

I'm already on vitamin D tablets! Thyroid function is fine apparently, will ask about the others though next time I'm at the doctors!
    • Posted

Always get a printout of your results. Sometimes we are told normal when we are at very top or bottom of normal range.
    • Posted

Ah thanks for the tip. How will I know what the levels are supposed to be? I've googled levels before and they are vastly different dependent on the websites.
    • Posted

Aim for:-

Ferritin around 80

Vit d 75-100

Folate 17-25

B12 above 1000 once on injections

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.