Flecainide as anyone tried it and does it work for you for irregular heart beat etc

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have paramoxil AF irregular heart beat and a slow bpm 47/51 I have leaky valves too Iv been on Bisoporel two years now 1.5 and enelipril doc as given me Flecainide but Iv only had 4 episodes in 2 years and I'm afraid the Flecainide might slow my heart even more ?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Did the ablation. Flecinide was one of my many drugs.
    • Posted

So it didn't work thank you I'm allergic to so many drugs I am afraid to try it the dread I have going to bed as it happens in the night the episodes of fast bpm but just flutters n palpitations during the day for some reason I feel it's ruined my life I have chrones diverticular and other things but the AF as scared me bad thanks

• Posted

I tried Flec and did not get desired results . Am now on Tikosyn with better results . Good luck - many people do quite well on Flecainide! Just not me! 
  • Posted

it stops my afib in its tracks, but did lead to fainting spells at one point due to the sodium depletion it can cause. I cut my dose from 100mg 2x/day to 50mg 2x/day and the problem disappeared. I also increased my salt intake.
    • Posted

Thank you he as given me 50 twice a day I'm just scared that it might cause my heart rate to drop even lower ?

• Posted

Hi, I've been having Afib regularly everyday, usually at night, for over a year. Was on beta blockers and Propafenone but after a almost a year, I stopped the beta blockers (slowed my heart rate down too much) and then stopped Propafenone, and my cardiologist switched me to Flecainide about 5 days ago. It hasn't really affected my heart rate, but I have not had Afib for 4 days in row! Its almost like I forgot what life was like without Afib. So, so far so good. Flecainide does make me tired for a couple of hours, but at this point, that seems like a reasonable trade off compared to Afib.

• Posted

I have only had one every 6 month roughly but as my heart goes from 47/51 up to 190 200 I ring an ambulance do you ring one or stay home I'm so scared I'm not sure what's best doc gave me the meds as I was scared but Iv not taken yet ?

• Posted

Hi there I have been on flecainide for 9 months now and I also have a low heart rate and blood pressure and it has not slowed my heart rate at all. It had helped a lot. When I was on cardizem and other beta blockers they caused awful PVC's and made me feel like crap so I stopped and my cardiologist put me on flecainide. So far so good but lately things have been kicking up again due to stress and food sensitivities.

• Posted

Can food sensitivity cause afib Sandie Iv often thought when I'd had a lot of sweet thing I had flutter ?

• Posted

Flec did not work so well for me, but better than other meds. However, the side effect that I had the most problem with was the tiredness. I eventually had to switch because of it. I know others do very well on Flec with no side effects. My doctor switched me to Tikosyn, which was a very good choice for me. Everyone is different and you might have to try a few meds to see how you feel.

Hoping you do well.

• Posted

Thank you Deanna do you have a slow heartbeat normally too ?
    • Posted

My heart does both. It has gotten as high as 240 with small exertion, or none. 300 while on table for ablation (didn't work). And, as low as 40 bpm, but that low is infrequent. Most of my lows are around 50 bpm and the doc was okay with that, being on meds. The right meds made all the difference. It's manageable for me now. Not perfect, but much less frequent and the highs only last seconds instead of days.

• Posted

Thank you Deanna it's my first time in this forum and it's been so enlightening I'm going to try the meds tommorow and hopefully they will stop it all together 😊

• Posted

I am on Tikosyn also and so far (1 month ) it had been successful!!

Glad to hear you are doing well also ! Best , Didi

• Posted

Yes, on it for 9 months and it's amazing. I'm very happy with the results. Nice to hear of someone else that's on it. Best wishes on your continued success with it too! It's such a relief.

• Posted

I had a Cardioversion then 3 night hospital stay to see if I could tolerate Tikosyn . Am happy it is working as previous Flecanide was terrible!!! Don't know many people who take it so happy to hear you do too. Great !

• Posted

I'm only going to take it if I have a episode did you have bad side effects ? x

• Posted

Yes I had side effects - was very hard to take ! Extremely tired all the time on this drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.