Floaters!!!my floaters plus other eye issues are driveing me crazy,anyone else??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm late 5s,have had floaters since my 20s,back then they were small black or clear dots,fast forward,late fifties,now ive had pvds in both eyes,vitreous gel shrinks and pulls away from the back of the eye,now i have these clear to gauzey larger floaters,plus one large clumpy black one and I cant ignore them anymore. PVD is age related. I am just lucky enought to have these awful larger ones that can blur and obstruct vision. How does a person deal with it. Oh yes I also am starting to have dry eyes. Both also can caus hazy vision. Unless youve experienced it,no one else can relate! So frustrateing.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That should have been late fifties
  • Posted

I totally understand the floaters where the vitreous gel starts to break away, very normal process with aging.  I also had retinal tears in both eyes which exacerbated the floaters at age 49 for lst tear, on 50th birthday for 2nd tear, laser with first, cryosurgery with 2nd.  Amazingly, after years of floaters (I am now 76), I rarely have any floaters to speak of.  For years, I could lay down at night, close my eyes and have a total show going on in my eyes, floaters all over the space which was rather disconcerting but got better with time.  I have also had dry eyes since I was around 50, had the implants which itched the junk out of me so glad when they dissipated, the only thing that was good about them was when they went away.  I use eye drops all day long, I like the Refresh Optive they have now for sensitive eyes, little pricey but worth the $$ I also use about once a week a product called VitA-Pos, an eye ointment with Vit A which is also preservative free; I purchased through Amazon (apply at bedtime).  Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.