Flu like symptoms, two left nostril nose bleeds, anxious

Posted , 2 users are following.

Tonight i am feeling flu like symptoms, I have had two nose bleeds from left nostril and i feel anxious tonight.

My OBGYN says its okay to take my estradiol 1mg and my progesterone but i am a little on the worried side about it. 

I heard the estradiol can cause nose bleeds and stomach issues and so can provera 

Isn't there anything else that i can take to lessen these nose bleeds, and my flu like symptoms and my anxieties 

I feel so drained i don't know what to do any more 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't be on hormones due to factor five clotting problems I do know that the side effects of taking HRT how long have you been on this if it's something new your body has to adjust to the medication. I would say if the issues continue to see your GYN she can then adjust you accordingly others in this blog have mentioned B complex and magnesium I read on both of these for peri and post menopause and seems to be helpful for energy, muscle and electrolyte support hope this helps.

I suffer from the retched gastric problems that plague me daily and hope this to will pass with time

• Posted

Hi misty 

Right now i just have it on the side because i still don't know if HRTs are right for me. I have not started taking them yet, because with having diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and hypothyroidism i still feel like HRTs might not be right for me due to those problems 

I am looking into a vitamin for menopause instead of the HRTs 

My OBGYN knows that i have high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, and hypothyroidism and he thinks its okay to take them. But with having high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, and hypothyroidism i can easily have a stroke or heart attack with out the HRTs and doubling my risk if I take the HRTs i do not want to do that so i have not started the HRTs again they are still on my shelf 

What do you think

• Posted

You are correct about stroke it isn't wise to take hormones because of the Comorbid illness that you have HTN can also cause nose bleeds how is your blood pressure
    • Posted

Blood pressure goes up and down the other day it was a little high so was my heart rate. What is HTN never heard of that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.