Flucloxacillin severe headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there I've been prescribed flucloxacillin for an infection. First I had to take 4 tablets, I could only handle the 3. I took the 3 doses and I was stuck in bed with what I can only describe as the "worst headahce imaginable" - I couldn't look at people, talk to people and I didn't want to be around anyone at all because it was that awful. (Also with a fever).

The pain would eventually get so bad, to the point where my head felt like it was pulsating with great pressure (even when lying down) that I would be sick. Then I would start to feel better - till it happened again.

So I didn't take the rest of the tablets after that. I went back to the doctors today and she prescribed me something different. And advised me to go to a clinic so I did. Now they gave me more flucloxacillin, we told the doctor I couldn't take those she said it was the best thing for it. (I have a bad infection). I have to take x2 of these, 4 times.

I had 2 earlier and I'm already feeling dreadful again so I don't think I will take the rest. I don't understand why I'm having such a bad reaction but it's really scaring me. Shall I just try the other tablets?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This does not seem related to genital herpes. Are you sure you meant to post here?
    • Posted

I didn't see that there was a thread for penicillin type antibiotics till after and I'm not sure how to move the thread. Sorry about that. But anyway I am being treated for herpes, it's terribly infected so I've been told to take those and another tablet

• Posted

Oh, I see. What you've been prescribed, as you know, is not for herpes but a bacterial infection, so people on here may not be familiar with it, etc. I would suggest sticking to the dosing regimen prescribed by your doctor, or contacting your doctor if you are experiencing side effects and have concerns.

• Posted

I agree see Gp right away the medication is not agreeing with you If your having this side effect most GPS will take you off if this happens I believe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.