fluid behind eyes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have not seen anything regarding the problem I am having.  I too have flickers, floaters, teary eyes..but that's not my main problem.  I was told I have fluid and swelling behind the eye and that I needed a series of injections each 4-6 weeks until it goes away (if it does). If not, more shots.

I also have some swelling that is apparent under the eye below the lashes.  I can't even get glasses because why eye sight changes constantly. Has anyone had this problem?  If so, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel that my eyesight is constantly changing also, it seems that I can see better on some days than on others.  I wanted monovision, but I don't think I was given the right lenses for monovison & my eyes are not in sync.  I can't see close very well, after I've been looking at thngs in the distance.  Not pleased with cataract surgery Doctors I went to.

• Posted

I hope you do not have the same problem I have.  You might want to look up info about macula edema and, in any event, see your doctor again.  Did you get new glasses?  If not, do your previous glasses (assuming you ever wore glasses) work for you.  I personally will not let any doctor touch my right eye until my left one (hopefully) is healed.

Good luck to you!  

• Posted

Thanks for your comment Janice. I, too, will not have my right eye touched until the left eye, hopefully, clears up.  Like you every day my eyesight was changing, but for the last week or two has remained constant.  Hopefully, it will stay and yours will get that way too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.