FLUID RETENTION

Posted , 4 users are following.

Use to have an ankle but this morning its a "blob" havnt seen past my knees for months as being so inflexible its impossible to bend and get down there , but my Daughter said this morning "mum your ankle is blotchy and fat" what a great start to the day , the ankle is obviously just following my knee which is the size of an elephants , I do drink quite a lot of water , not really keen to start water tabs as I go to the loo enough especially at night , any suggestions for me ????? would appreciate it x

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

get it checked out before you decide to take anything
  • Posted

Have you been to the docs to rule out the possibilities?

Bless you wink x

• Posted

I mentioned it to my consultant when I saw her after my knee op , she said it was fluid , examined it and said it wasnt my heart , but did not say how to get rid of it, however my Gp rang me after my RA appt as he had requested a urine dip test and then requested it be sent off so I am doing that in the morning, I will wait and see results and follow up with another Drs appt , he will be fed up with seeing me !!!!!, in the meantime I am constantly chasing appts to see when I am going to be able to see someone about my knee to fix it properly , the same old "tosh" we havnt any at the moment , clinics are full , we will write to you , we are interviewing for a replacement Dr for your clinic !!!!!, think I will stage a sit in at the clinic of my choice if I dont get any joy by next week !!!!

Thanks Bee and Linda for your comments x

• Posted

One step at a time and hopefully you will get the answers you need.

Gentle hugs and take care wink xx

• Posted

Celery is a good duiretic for fluid retention without having water tabs..  I would see your GP and get him to send you to the lymphoedema clinic at the hospital.  I had fluid in ankles and legs and do have lymphoedema and have to wear special stockings for this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.