Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I took my Fluoxetine tablet and around half an hour to an hour later I began getting extreme pains and heartburn. Overall Im feeling extremely unwell and because of this im beginning to panic that there is something wrong. Im feeling hot and feverish, quite sick and the pain in my chest and throat is unbearable. Can anyone please help and let me know if this is normal to be feeling so unwell? And if there is any way I can help myself because my emotions and anxiety are very high right now. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Katie.

When I don't take it with food, I get indigestion, too, so be sure to take it with a meal. I usually take mine with breakfast.  I also would get very hot many times a day.. I also had issues with my throat such as difficulty with swallowing. I think these are all side effects of SSRIs. Definitely "through the roof" anxiety is one of the most common. Please keep posting, as it helps so much to talk. Also, read past posts. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

thank you very much karen, i will be sure to start taking it with food and hopefully this will solve the problem. 

It definetely puts me at ease knowing that these are common side effect so thank you for your help. 

X

• Posted

Hi Katie (I'm Katy!),

Just to let you know I had all of these side effects and it does get better. I echo what Karen says, keep reading and posting on here because it really does help.

Also, find the time of day to take it that suits you. Most people do take it with breakfast as Karen has said but actually I take mine before bed and that worked much better for me. Everyone is different, don't be afraid to switch times.

Good luck on your journey xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.