Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone taken this med for health or death anxiety? And if so, how did it work for you? I'm 9 days in and feel more sick than anything and am so worries that I will have no relief after reading bad reviewssad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I was on fluoxetine about Ten years ago, and my daily dose was 20mg a day. I suffered at the time with depression, and alcohol abuse, which lead me to disturbing thoughts to point, I thought I would act them out. After taking them for a week I visited my psychiatrist, on him asking me how I was and felt, I said I felt much better and calmer and that the tablets were doing the trick. Put he told me it was psychological because I was taking something, as Fluoxetine takes two weeks to take effect.

I never did have any side affects from taking them and I was on them short term, 4 to 6 months, but if this medication is affecting you in other ways it shouldn't. I would see if you can be prescribed something different, hope this helps as little as it is, and I hope the light at the end of the tunnel, is a lot closer than you think.

• Posted

Thank you for such a lovely replysmile I am very hopeful! I should have however been more specific. I'm not so sure they aren't working, I'm just having the aweful side affects. Nausea, stomach aches, jittery, anxious, up early in the am etc. I've lost 7 pounds in 9 days from no appetite. I do keep hearing the pill works so I'm hanging in there. I feel better knowing that some one else has been treated for the negative thought patterns and it helped.

• Posted

Hey Lisa. It's definitely a process. It took me about 12 weeks til all the side effects went away. I felt the best at 5 weeks tho. It will get worse before it gets better. I'm on it 10 mg a day for anxiety and little depression. There were moments it made me more depressed and more anxious but push through and I promise you'll feel a lot better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for the sweet reply. I'm trying so hard to fight it but I'm struggling. They have got worsesad Now I'm crying on top of all the other symptoms. Still hoping for a good outcome!

• Posted

I had everything. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Pass out... Weird feelings in my head and through out my body. Worse anxiety. There were days where I couldn't stop crying for hours and I was so sad I wanted to just die but I had someone tell me to keep going so I did . I've had everything. It's crazy. Lol but I'm on 3 months now and I feel I'm starting to get normal

• Posted

hi M,

So you say 12 weeks is the mark? im into week 8 feel good overall, just this neck tension is killing me and the numness in my head......anxiety is still there mildly but comes and goes..., everyone keeps telling me to stick to it too, im on 40mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.