Fluoxetine Help :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

so I've been on Fluoxetine for 4 weeks today. I was previously on Mirtazipaine, I fully came off this 2 weeks ago so was taking them both at the same time on my first 2 weeks as per the the doctor

My question is, how long did this take for you to kick in? I feel like I've completely gone back to square one, in fact worse.

I'm suffering with such bad anxiety, to the point from the moment I wake up i have that awful knott in my stomach l, the only way I can get through thr day is to take diazapam.

I have bad depression - I don't even have depression but the last week and a half its been very bad

Panic attacks, these have come back. I'm on beta blockers now so they arnt as bad but they had gone

Insomnia- the only way I can sleep is to take Zopiclone or I'm not sleeping till 4am

I'm just struggling a lot at the moment, I don't want to have to rely on Diazapam and Zopiclone to get me through I want my new Meds to kick in but I don't know why it's taking so long sad

anyone else have this?

thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

These meds take a long time to kick in and 4 weeks is still early.  It does get worse before it gets better, and these side effects usually ease off over time and the first few weeks are the worse.

They're good meds and will really help you.  Recovery takes a while so remind yourself you are getting better, the meds are working, just that you won't see it for a while yet.

K x

• Posted

Thanks Kate, that's really reassuring. it just feels at the moment it's never ending! sad x

• Posted

It does feel never ending, but you'll get there eventually wink

Some people start feeling well by 8 weeks, some 3-4 months and some even longer.  Everyone's different.  Just let it happen for you.  Also when it starts happening don't be surprised to find feeling well coming and going - that's normal.  Sometims you might feel like you're back at square one .... you're not, its just the way the meds work and its just your body adjusting.

K x

• Posted

Jodie how are you doing now. I am on day 6 and feel 10times worse then I did without and the panic attacks are much worse. I feel sick all the time. I wake at 4 most days and I have that knot in my stomach. Please tell me these dude effects will ease soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.