Fluoxetine increase

Posted , 4 users are following.

I increased my fluoxetine to 40 mg over 2 weeks ago, I was fine for the first 10 days but now my anxiety is horrendous! Shaky, nauseous, restless and not sleeping! Has anyone else had this and it's settled down or do you think 40mg is too much for me?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi i was started on 30 and then increased up to 60 but it didntseem to make much differance or I dont think so but it effects people differntly. Ive decided to come off it and so far I feel ok but from what i can gather this will probably change. 
  • Posted

I'm on week 8 of 40mg...and yes I felt that way up until week 5.....now I don't feel that..I just get the ocasion al anxiety kick in...head pressure.

• Posted

Hi Jes, is that week 8 of comming off it or wekk 8 of being on it, its now 5 days since I've taken it - getting the odd headach but so far thats all - still very tired but I was suffering from that when I was on the stuff

Si

• Posted

8 weeks of being on 40mg.....i was given it for anxiety and panic....but i still seem to have it, not as strong as before thougth, but it's there....hoping it will get better. What i do have now is lot's of neck tension and head nubness which scares me....

• Posted

I've just increased to 40mg a week ago. Feel a bit jumpy! Hoping it settles.

• Posted

do any of you taking anythig else to calm you down? i have xanax but i always get scared to take it dont know why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.