Fluoxetine Starting Week 6

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All,

I'm starting weeks 6 on fluoxetine 20mg. I noticed some improvement after the 2nd week, where I wasn't getting as dizzy and not being totally depleted of energy. But other than that, I have not seen much more improvement. My pdoc asked me to try going to 40mg last week, but I was getting nauseous, so he told me to drop back to 20mg (I took 40 for only 5 days)

The main thing that makes me even more anxious is the fact that I can't fall asleep with out 1/2 pill of Lunesta and I'm afraid of becoming adicted. I also strugle every morning to get out of bed and just don't have any interest in daily activities.

How long will it take for the natural sleep to kick in?

Is week 6 still an early stage in the process?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried self hypnotherapy. I downloaded an app, plug in my headphones and whilst waiting to sleep listen. I had to religiously listen to it twice a day for 2 weeks, but it does work for me. Ok now I worry I might not be able to sleep without listening but hay it's not addictive like perscription drugs can be.

Give it a go you have nothing too lose

• Posted

What is the name of the app you downloaded?

Thanks!

• Posted

It's by hypnomedia, the lady who does it is a member of hypnotherapy Council, I brought the hypnotherapy pro version for couple £ but you can get basic one free. There are several for anxiety but the one I would suggest is sleep well (sleep & insomnia hypnotherapy

Give it a go but make sure you give it a chance and do it every night for first 2 weeks (twice a day if you can)

• Posted

Hi Woo,

How are you doing? I imagine you are at yout week 7 mark, correct? Are you still feeling better and better as time goes by? Hope you are.

• Posted

I feel really good everyday, I am peri menopausal so have to deal with the pre menopause symptoms but at least I feel human. The lack of sleep you feel will slowly decrease it is one of the last side effects I felt, but I am glad I stuck with it

Let me know how you feel over the weeks

• Posted

Thanks, so far I haven't seen much improvement, besides the first two or three weeks. One day this week I also had a blip of normality, but for the most part this week it has been the same

One thing I noticed is that I get hungry every three hours, and if I don't eat, the weakness increases.

• Posted

Do you mind me asking how old you are ? I am 49 yrs and my reason for taking flouextine was hormones and the build up to menopause. But I do know that flouextine can make some people eat , try to limit what you eat to fruit, nuts etc but this will settle down eventually

• Posted

I am 37. Taking fluox for what my doctor believe is major depression. He also has me taking tirosint for low thyroid. He thinks my thyroid might be low, even though the blood tests come out normal.
    • Posted

I would imagine you must your bloods were borderline for thyroid, that's why you are on medication for it, I had the pressure head feeling for about 4 weeks, this is a symptom of depression but once your flouextine kicks in fully your anxiety will decrease and the head feeling will go, make sure it is definatley hunger you are feeling sometimes the feeling you get is mistaken for hunger pangs when in fact it can be your hormones (which are all connected) or mood hormones. All of this should settle down around 6 - 10 weeks so hang in there

• Posted

Hi Woo,

I start week 7 today. Mornings are still rough and getting out of bed is quite a challenge. Every now and then I feel head pressure and foggy, probably because the sleep meds only give me about 6 hours of sleep or less. I still don't have interests in activities and still have the cloud like feeling, not as bad but still there.

On a good note, I noticed that the head pressure is improving when going into department stores or indoors. I sure hope it gets better from here on. Thanks for your support.

• Posted

Hi

Good to hear you are getting some improvement, am on week 7 nearly week 8, on my week 1 & 2 & 3 I can remember feeling exactly the same but now when I look back things have improved soon much so hang in there what you are feelings is totally typical of flouextine and anxiety / depression disorders, but it does get better. Try to take one day at a time, don't anticipate when you will get completely better instead look at how much you have improved over the last 7 days xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.