Fluoxetine week 4

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody,

I will be entering week 4 on Fluoxetine 20mg tomorrow. I did notice improvement during the past three weeks. It seems like my energy improved a bit as well as appetite. I still have to take half a pill of Lunesta 3mg in order to sleep at night (can't sleep without it). My energy is still on the low side and have no interest for daily activities and hobbies I used to enjoy.

Can anyone tell me how long will it take for natural sleep to kick in? or approximately how long will it take for energy and interest to come back?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I too are in my 4th week and everyday I feel better, nausea has gone but still not got a big appetite. I think sometimes I'very got no energy but when I push myself to move or do something I feel better for it.

My friend has been on them for years and years (for a long term illness) she said by 8 - 10 weeks you get the maximum benefit without any withdrawals

• Posted

Side effects not withdrawals ' I mean't'

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Do you take it in the morning or at night?
  • Posted

Im at week 9 40mg  but i must say not sure if this has to do with the Flu or not, but ive been having massive stress on my  neck thus making me have tension headaches, which make me feel miserable. and i'ts making my anxiety skyrocket . Hopefully once this passes i will be fine and back on the road to recovery.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Jesika! Have you talk to your doctor about your symptons. I was on Cymbalta 60mg for 10 weeks and it didn't to much for me. That's why I was put on Fluoxetine 20mg. I do feel better on the flu than the cymbalta. It feels like the tension/pressure in my head is dissipating little by little. Best wishes!

• Posted

Today I decided to take it at night. Just to see if the occasional fatigue improves during the day.
  • Posted

I take 20mg every morning I did get neck stiffness and aches but after 4 weeks this has gone, I did get aches in my hips and legs but this also has gone but I still get bad reflux / heartburn bit that could be perimenopause symptoms.
    • Posted

I noticed that when I go into a department store,the mall, or church, I tend to feel "pressure" in my head, sort of like a headache. Once I come out it eases. Any idea what can cause this? Could it be the depression and anxiety?

• Posted

Most certainly anxiety, i have same symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.