FOCUSED LASER ABLATION

Posted , 35 users are following.

Hi, has anyone had the procedure called FOCUSED LASER ABLATION

for BPH?This procedure is approved by the Food & Drug.This procedure does not have the usually side effects because the prostate is not accessed throught the urethra.This procedure also permanently relieved the symptoms of BPH. Dr. Sperling is the expert in this procedure.

Sounds great to me! RONNIE

0 likes, 364 replies

364 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ronnie,

Can you tell us a little more about the procedure and how it is done?

There are many procedures on offer some with variable outcomes.

• Posted

Hi Robert,

I'm in the process of learning about the procedure through google & etc. As I find more out I'll share with everyone.

• Posted

Wow.  Sounds very promising.   Google it and Dr Sperling is one of the first to come up.

• Posted

How do you access the  prostate? I am familiar with PAE, (prostate arterial embolism), which did not appeal to me! I had the UROLIFT procedure 

done this past Tuesday.  So far so good, but no real improvement as yet; of course the improvement is supposed to occur in 2-4.weeks. Had it done with local topical Xylocaine. A bit uncomfortable and IV sedation would have helped, but my group does not do that. And I certainly would not want to have general anesthesia for the procedure. 

• Posted

Hi Hal,

The prostate is accessed through the rectum which avoids the side effects of erectile dysfunction,retrograde ejaculation,and urinary incontinence.That's why I'm quite interested. RONNIE

• Posted

Ron, You said you would not have the general anesthesia for this procedure? I;m curious why you did not have this? I would imagine their would be less pain? I'm i right?

• Posted

Hal

Talk to Ross about PAE.  He had Dr Bagla and he ended up having FLA and is doing excellent.  We have quite a few guys on here that have had the urolift and did not get what they wanted, plus the splines are left behind, even if you want anouther procedure done.  Just look around, we have them all on these forums.

Mike

• Posted

I just read the technique; the UROLIFT promises  the same about retrograde ejac which I experienced with Flomax and Rapaflow. Good luck; sounds like you are going to the expert. Sounds a little tough but no worse than the UROLIFT with the local. Keep us posted about your progress!
  • Posted

Hi Ronnie,

From Dr. Sperling's web site, he says that the procedure is used to treat Prostate Cancer tumors. He does NOT mention using the procedure as a treatment for BPH (non cancerous enlargement of the prostate).

Neal

• Posted

Hi Ronnie,

From Dr. Sperling's web site, he says that the procedure is used to treat Prostate Cancer tumors. He does NOT mention using the procedure as a treatment for BPH (non cancerous enlargement of the prostate).

Neal

• Posted

Neal,

His website even has a drop down menu for BPH. There is a

testimonial from a patient with BPH.

• Posted

Hi Nealpros,

prostate .net & Dr. Sperling both state how the procedure has so helped the men over BPH.I have the article in my hand. I'm still doing research. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Keith,

Yes, thanks, I finally found that and it is very interesting. I'm going to continue to find out what I can about it. Please share what else you have found out.

Neal

• Posted

Yes I did find the information I am glad that they have come up with a new procedure.  I did look into it before for a friend.  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.