Follow up today

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my follow up today. The lime size fibroid i have sets at the top of my uterus which puts pressure on my bladder. My doctor recommended removal of uterus and leaving ovaries which im ok with. At this point im so sleep deprived from peeing all night ill do anything. My question is, has anyone gone on birth control to shrink fibroid until surgury? And how soon did they feel relief? I am atleast 1 month out from surgury but wondering if shrinking it would relieve my symptoms until then.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Simplyseminole,

I just thought I'd send you some encouragement. You can make it a month! You will feel much better after the surgery!

I had a hysterectomy in July, with removal of everything except my ovaries as well (I'm 46 and didn't want to start menopause until I had to). Like you, my fibroid (10cm) was putting pressure on my bladder (well, one of them was), although mine was at the bottom of my uterus. My only symptoms were bladder-related, which must be why I suffered for almost six years before I was properly diagnosed.

I had UFE in December, hoping that would do the trick. Alas, the fibroids did not shrink enough to bring me relief, but they did shrink enough that I was able to have my hysterectomy laproscopically. I did not want a hysterectomy, but, like you, I was exhausted after years of not being able to sleep through the night thanks to peeing every two hours. I'd read on forum how other women said they wished they'd had their hysterectomy sooner and I thought, no way, I'm doing this as a last resort. But, I now agree with them. For the first six weeks after my surgery I slept 12 hours a night -- not b/c of the surgery, but b/c I finally could catch up on all my sleep.

So, you can make it one more month, I promise! Best of luck and know feeling better and not being ruled by your bladder is in your near future!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I ordered a product called FibroDefense in hopes it will give me some relief till surgury. I read many positive reviews so i figure it cant hurt. Last 2 days ive had stomach upset, I figure its the fibroid. Im so sleep deprived i nearly fell down the escalator at work and caught myself trying to put a sleeve on coffeecup that already had one on it, was getting frustrated because the hot sleeve wouldnt go on the cup! Im in retail sales and find standing makes the urgency worse so i sit most days, has really affected my work performance. Im looking forward to my surgury. Never thought id say that.
    • Posted

I cant take the Fibrodefense as it messes with thyroid meds.
  • Posted

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this discomfort. I had a 7cm uterine fibroid, removed laser vaginally. After removal, i never had a period for 3 months, my gynea totally ignored my concerns & each time my body though i was having my period i had pain like you cannot imagine - could not walk or breathe easily. However, after seeing an alternative doctor, i went onto herbal type meds, i bled the first time after the surgery & i thought i was going to die from that pain & bleeding, well thankfully i didnt as i have a story now to tell. I am still seeing my therapist, still on the meds, in the interim of that 3 month pain the second two fibroids developed due to pressue within my body & my gyneas lack of concern.

Now im in process of killing the damn fibroids that had grown in me, my recent sonar after having therapy shows the fibroids both remain 6cm large from the previous sonar, which means the growth of it had stopped. The therapy is working.

if u can manage the prolonged treatment after seeing an alternative therapist then please PLEASE try this option. Im still feeling bloated cos the fibroids are still in me, but my period is now regular with NO PAIN, my hormones are rest & i can finally enjoy my life with no pain,no excessive bleeding & lots & lots of fabulous sex

If u want to try this, see Dr Liang Accupuncture Clinic, i swear by him

Get well & all the best

• Posted

I take fish oil which I truly believe has been the factor that has totally calmed my periods down to just one bad day a month. Fish oil is an anti inflammatory, so it may have shrunk mine, but I won't know until next ultra sound in April. I hope this helps. I take two tablets a day with green tea which is also an anti inflammatory.

• Posted

Hi, I am awaiting the surgeons office phone call to set up consult, I talked to my Dr and she recommended Total Hysterectomy. Im wondering if you kept your ovaries and if so, did you need Hormone Replacement?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.