food

Posted , 2 users are following.

last week i had the flashing lights 2 days in a row. i googled and found one of the causes could be feeling hungry. which in my case sounds reasonable. my diet is crap which is also why i have just beed diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, but that is another story. anyway i have changed the time i do eat and so far, touch wood, i have not had migraine symptoms for 3/4 days wahay! i am also looking into adding healthy snacks to my day so even if i do not feel hungry i will try to eat sensibly 3 times a day as recommended. i am also, ashamed to say, that i am a smoker. we all know smoking is bad. but i have managed to cut down by quite a few. although i aknowledge i will always suffer from migraine, diabetes and depression i will persevere. and also these small changes are aiding a better nighst sleep. fingers and toes crossed guys.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Jenny another thing that will help ur hunger in the morning is not 2 eat b4 bedtime. Thats how i kearned 2 be hungry for breakfast. I have a eatting issue i dnt eat wen i wake up, thats bcuz i am a night time eatter. I havent had my i call it sleep eatting but for some reason i still cant eat breakfast. I would suggest a braon scan about yoyr migraines... Its not always a hunger thing. For awhile i thought i was hungry bcuz my tummy would growl not the case ur tummy can growl 4 many things the most is digestion or ur body just saying hey im working..Talk to yr doctor dnt believe most of the crap on the net. This place is really helpful u get answers from real ppl that know of or r going threw the same issues goodluck hope this has helped a bit..
    • Posted

a brain scan? what for? i get terrible sugar munchies around bedtime. and if i have something sweet in the cupboards i have to eat it ALL! does anyone else get this? but because of the diabetes i am trying to cut that out and not buy anything sweet. i have a problem where i do not want to eat anything first thing and was not eating untill about 2pm (just one meal a day) and i realised that i was getting the flashing lights about this time.
    • Posted

I suggested a scan for ur migraines, but being diabetic dnt cut ur sugar 2 low. My dad is a diabetic as well he stopped his sweets & now his sugar is 2 low that hes been really sick. I have 2 put a bit of sugar in his morning oj. Its something i learned the first time i was admited in a hospital. I was NPO & they took my sugar level came bck with oj n 2 packs of sugar i was relinquit 2 drink it but the nur5de said i had 2.

• Posted

I forgot i too get the munchies @ bed during sleep 2...good luck plz dnt cut ur sugar 2 low its a scary thing to see n as im sort of his nurse not only bcuz hes my dad its so scary to see this hes a stubborn man & afraid of drs n er's so its hard. I cant take his sugar 4 him also havent seen his machine out n know his not checking it hes a dirty man n i clean up after him since I've bern bck home i havent thrown away any strips from his machine.

• Posted

i did understand your comment about the brain scan confused as for the diabetes i only found out 2 weeks ago. still overwhelmed about this

• Posted

Its a very scary disease. Just check ur glucose levels b4 u eat and as much as they suggested 2 do. Its controllable. My dad started off with a scale level of insulin & now has this pen. He seems to think that the pen is all he needs. It did control his insulin levels, he also takes pills in the mornings if u do that as well it says 2 eat food suggestion is eat something light b4 the med and after if still need food as of being a bit nauseous have more but the food b4 is best also for any pill drink some milk, with pills will eat the lining of of ur stoach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.