Foods I can eat with a gastric ulcer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

Can anybody help with the food that I can eat with a gastric ulcer, have tried on the internet but it seems to be very sketchy as to what I can or can't eat.

I have had no pain at all with this so am reluctant to try things as don,t want to cause more damage.

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's perhaps easier to tell you What kicks mine off...rich, spicy, fatty/ oily foods and fizzy drinks are a no no for me.
  • Posted

Kate if you havent got reflux as well suggest you just eat healthily but DO please keep a food diary so you can easily spot any trigger foods.
  • Posted

Avoid anything acidic, spicy, it's all trial and error so you'll learn what your body can take 

I have to avoid orange juice, curries, any mince meats such as spagetti bolognaise as it has tomato base, .beer, cigarette's and ensure you take tablets daily, If I forget I get sick and have to leave wherever I am to find relief like Eno's or antacid relief from a supermarket to help me until I get home. I now carry my tablets everywhere as it takes me an extra 2 or 3 days to get back to normal. I also found that my stomach holds Nexium better than losec.

• Posted

I did scope and ultrasonic scan on liver to make sure is ulcer only.

I eat only soft white rice 4 times a day, with steam fish, steam chicken only.

Sprouted grain bread with sesame paste in the morning.

May try white bread, depends.

Coconut oil or fish oil, morning, noon  and night.

Probiotic drink at noon.

I eat boil egg at noon.

Some may allergy to my food list. 

I only eat cheese an hour after Zantac before sleep.

I believe I need some protein to recover,  but depends on individual.

Some say no food at all 3 hours before sleep.

Many say L glutamine is effective, but believe need to get 100 % pure,

tasteless, and natural source from approved manufacturer.

I once bought from a cheap source, but thrown away as I feel bad taste and quality. 

NO high fibre food, pizza, biscuit, nut , vegetable, cold drink, fruit with hard skin, or citrus, tea, soda, coffee, chocalate, high sugar, salt, fried, hot and spicy food.

No pain killer or anything that will damage the gastric lining.

I eat papaya only. Drink water every 15 min interval.

I take antacid call vera gel, magnesium base at 9pm , or Zantac at 9am.

I take one pepsin gi, must be with food, at lunch and dinner. 

Drink lots of warm water to cleanse my stomach an hours before food.

google and look for best digestive enzyme that suit you.

Again beware the additive ingredient, that do more harm.

dont save money on cheap stuff. 

Beware vitamin bill of its additive ingredient. I feel bad with most multivitamin. 

Sleep before 11pm.

Wake up at 7,

Long Deep breath as excercise, whenever feel stress.

If severe, rest at home. Avoid going out. Take sick leave. 

Avoid internet surfing, pc games that required eye and concentration.

Chinese believe eye, emotion, is link to liver, and liver affect digestive system.

Must have good sleep first as it is most important for recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.