For all those suffering w/ Fibroids ...Please read

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is long but please read it because I really found something that helped and I want to share it in the hopes that it helps anyone not wanting surgery.

5 months ago I started bleeding as if I had been shot.

I was under a lot of stress at the time and thought it was that.

On the 14th day I went to the emergency room.

In the ER they found I had 4 fibroids the largest 6cm.

They also told me that they couldnt do anything but send me home because my hemoglobin levels were good.

I was referred to a top gyno in the area.

I called him the very next day

and he too said he couldnt help me

other than wait til I stopped bleeding and then have a biopsy to make sure it wasnt anything else besides the fibroids.

On the 28th day I finally stopped bleeding and soon thereafter had my biopsy.

Resuts: Nothing cancerous.

Just

the fibroids.

My period came back 24 days later with a vengeance.

I couldnt stand up that I would literally soak a pad.

I was weak almost passing out.

I went to the emergency room again

and again they couldnt help me.

My gyno suggested a hysteroscopy d & c.

I was ready because I couldnt deal anymore.

While waiting for my insurance to approve the procedure a friend of mine suggested acupuncture.

With nothing to lose I went.

I am soooo happy I did.

After the first treatment my bleeding was 50% less. After the 3rd treatment in one week it had completely stopped.

Since then I go once a week. and during period weeks 2x a week.

No surgery.

Its been 3 months and my periods have been regular.

I do bleed very heavy the 2nd and 3rd days then normal for a total of 6 days.

I was also given herbal pills called GyneAssure.

I really hope this helps someone out there.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie, thanks for sharing your experience. Really glad that acupuncture helped, I haven't heard of anyone else that has tried this for fibroids, yet another non-invasive option to a hysterectomy

Are you still seeing a gynae, and do you know if the fibroids are still growing? 

• Posted

I do not know if they are still growing because I have to wait 6 months for the insurance to approve another ultra sound.

Here is the thing,

I never had any symptoms before the heavy bleeding and haven't had any more since. 

I've talked to a few friends that had their fibroids removed only to have them come back and sometimes bigger.

I am in my 40s  so unless they really start causing some bad complications I think I am going to wait for menopause and lack of estrogen to shrink them. 

I know some people think acupuncture is hokey but like I said I had nothing left to lose.

I'm in the states and I do community acupuncture which is a lot cheaper than private practices. 

I will keep updating my situation when and if anything changes

• Posted

Yes would be interested to know how it goes. Don't rely on the idea that it all goes away at menopause though, I was diagnosed with several small fibroids when I was 50 and premenopausal ( they told me when I had an internal scan that my ovaries were still full of eggs). So I didn't worry too much, thought when menopause came they would shrink.

Here I am 8 years later, not having periods any more but still bleeding from the now much larger fibroids. Esmya stopped the bleeding and shrank the fibroids. I have just finished my third course of tablets and am trying to keep the fibroids from growing back by natural methods ( diet, supplements etc). Time will tell if they grow back yet again.

• Posted

Hi Angie, 

This is really good. Will discuss this with my Gyneacologist and see the way forward. Six months after my Zoladex treatment l had my periods back. Until now it's every other months for almost six months now. The fibroids have grown bigger, l can see it myself. I don't need an ultra sound to tell me. Surgery is out of my mind because I've one already. I hope to see this accupuncture practiced in my country of residence. Best wishes to you and to all of us. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.