For any of you do you find mornings the worst for symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having a really hard time lately which is why I haven't posted.  Not sleeping well due to the bubble/pop/twitch sensations going off in my body all night inspite of the sleeping meds.  So I think by the time the morning comes I still have all this medication on board without proper sleep and wake up feeling so awful and depressed that I can't drag myself out of bed til noon.  I've been experiencing weakness in my hands and lower legs which is so much worse in the morning.  Do any of you find this is common?  I go for my next MRI this coming Friday and have also been anxious about that.  I'm also wondering if my MRI is stable from three months ago, is it possible that my symptoms are all anxiety.  In other words is it possible to have worsening symptoms since early January and the MRI come up unchanged?  In the past if a doctor were to suggest my symptoms for anything were anxiety, I'd be offended.  But now if a doctor were to say it is anxiety and be right, I would be forever grateful.  I'd appreciate hearing any of your experiences along with some positive encouragement.

Carolyn

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

More weakness in hands and lower body esp. during mornings does not necessarily mean worsening of symptoms or progression. I too usually feel extreme spasticity in lower limbs, esp during early mornings but with a bit of therapy becomes manageable.

Suggest, keeping a daily diary to strictly monitor your symptoms and evaluate over a couple of weeks. That being said, your MRI must disclose any new lesions or atrophy, both of which may indicate new symptom or worsening of existing symptom and disease progression.

Also keep a positive attitude, ALWAYS.

• Posted

Hi and thank you for your response and encouragement.  This is still pretty new territory for me.  My last MRI in November showed approx 20 lesions and I have my next MRI this Friday.  Do you know what is typical (Although with ms I'm finding there's not a lot of "typical"wink  in terms of mri changes.  For example, should I be expecting changes every three months, every year etc.  And also how do they determine which kind of ms it is.  There is so much I still don't understand.  Are you comfortable sharing a bit of your own experience?  As well as things that help you stay positive?

Best regards, Carolyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.