Foreskin directly around the top of my penis is red and hurts when i touch it. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm uncircumcised and the foreskin right around the hole is a bit red and hurts if i touch it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any circumstances you can link this to? If not , how long has it been bothering you?
    • Posted

This is very recent and this will probably not sound good. But my only explanation could be masturbating too much. I am a virgin

• Posted

Masturbation is the safest form of sexual activity .. No need to be embarrass we all do it . As Dave has alluded to given your not sexually active .. It's not anything to worry about. It also sounds to me that you may have a minor fungal issue . This is nothing a physician can't handle. No worries

• Posted

It is worth mentioning that friction could cause a little of this as well .
  • Posted

Have you tried an antibiotic cream?  I am also uncircumsized.  

I have found that you have to keep matters very clean in that department because if you don't a redness can develop that is a mild infection.. It gets worse unattended to.  It's a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.  

I use an antibiotic cream percribed by a doctor.  It has more strength than the over the counter stuff.

I hope that is the only problem but, for me, it's been something to always be mindful of much like brushing one's teeth.

I hope this info has been helpful.  My best,  DL

• Posted

Have you been washing the area with anything other than water? Soaps, expecially ones with lots of ingredients can cause irritation.

If the redness and soreness is from masturbation giving it a rest for a few days should clear things up.

If it is slightly infected and an antibiotic cream does not work, you could try an over the counter antifungal cream as this can also be a problem. If it is the problem a cream should clear it up in a few days.

If it doesn't clear up on it's own or gets much worse I would see a doctor and see if they can figure it out. But don't let them talk you into a circumcision.

• Posted

Thank you everyone but the matter has been resolved I believe it was just an abrasion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.