Fostair Nexthaler 100mc

Posted , 4 users are following.

Advice anyone please... My dad has severe COPD and has been given this new inhaler.  He has only tried it for 1 day and has had a weird tingling sensation in his lips, arms and legs, together with leg cramps (although he does get these usually)... Is this usual and does it wear off?  He is nervous to continue taking it 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is the new inhaler Called if it had a patient leaflet with it read the side effects of no leaflet look up the name of the inhaler and read the side effects online if that doesn't help then try speak to a doc or medical person some inhalers will cause side effects hope that helps

• Posted

ediately:

if you experience any of the side effects below and they cause you distress, are severe or last for several days

if you are worried in any way or if there is anything you do not understand.

Your doctor is likely to assess your asthma and if necessary start you on another course of treatment. You may be told that you should not use Fostair NEXThaler again.

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):

trembling.

Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):

cold-like symptoms, sore throat

fungal infections (of the mouth and throat). Rinsing your mouth or gargling with water and brushing your teeth immediately after inhalation may help to prevent these side effects.

worsening of your asthma symptoms, difficulty breathing

hoarseness

cough

unusually fast heart beat

unusually slow heart beat

crushing chest pain

headache

feeling sick

feeling tired or nervous

changes in the electrocardiogram (ECG)

low level of cortisol in your urine or in your blood

high level of potassium in your blood

high level of glucose in your blood

high level of fats in your blood.

Side effects which have been observed with similar medicines for inhalation containing beclometasone dipropionate and/or formoterol are:

palpitations

uneven heart beat

abnormal or impaired sense of taste

muscle pain and muscle cramps

restlessness, dizziness

feeling anxious

sleep disorders

a fall in the level of potassium in the blood.

increase/decrease of blood pressure

Pneumonia: Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms:

increase in sputum production, increase in sputum colour, fever, increasing cough, increased breathing problems.

Using high-dose inhaled corticosteroids over a long time can cause systemic effects these include:

problems with how your adrenal glands work (adrenosuppression)

thinning of the bones

growth retardation in children and adolescents

increased pressure in your eyes (called glaucoma), cataracts

rapid weight gain, particularly of the face and torso

sleeping problems, depression or feeling worried, restless, nervous, over-excited or irritable. These effects are more likely to occur in children.

abnormal behaviour

• Posted

Thank you Dilys... The symptoms seem to have stopped the longer he has taken the inhaler.  He seems to be very impressed with it so far (long may this continue)... We see the COPD nurse next week so I will mention it to her... Praying for a cure for this horrible disease 
  • Posted

Call your pharmacist, and call the hospital.  They will tell you whether or not to take him in.  I personally would not take it again until I heard from the doctors are saw them.  Breathless
    • Posted

Thank you for replying.  He took it for one day, left it a day, then took it again.... He seems to have settled now... Fingers crossed.  He needs this new inhaler to work as the next step is oxygen. 
    • Posted

The first thing I thought when I read the symptoms was that your dad hyperventilated a little, which can cause everything he experienced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.