Found worms in my stool today, what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

From the last two days I have pain and crampsin my tummy.Today suddenly I saw a 8-10cm long white worm in my stool I was shocked. Now please give me some useful suggestions. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Raj. 

Go see ur doc immediately. Meds can be prescribed to eliminate them and find out what type of worm they are. Some fish have worms when we eat it raw. No matter how you were infected it's important to take care of it now it can also spread to other  members of the family in many cases.

Take care

• Posted

Most children get  thread,worms at somepoint  it very important  to make sure you wash you hands well ,when ever you use a bathroom wash all your underwear ,towels bediing  on a very hot wash they can be passed on easy go to your local chemist for treatment promto 
    • Posted

8-10cm doesn't sound like the normal common threadworm though. 

• Posted

Asap to the doc, today pls!

I hope you kept the worm in an empty container to be able to show to doc.

There are 60 types of different round worms.

You need adequate sufficient treatment, not just a trial over the counter. (there are different meds out there)

Threadworms (=pin worms) are smaller, hence do not impose same risk as bigger worms. Bigger worms in numbers can form a ball (called 'bolus'wink and cause an obstruction.

And yes, you don't want to pass them on, wash hands, desinfect hands, used towels/clothes/bed sheets asap into washings on high temperature.

All the best! (My hope is still, that it was just a pseudoworm, something looking like a worm but not being one. Hence you need to keep the sample)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.