Fractured L1 after fall, anyone had similar, why pain in lower back

Posted , 5 users are following.

I fell backwards from high loftladder 2 weeks ago, fractured L1. Got back brace for 3 months except when lying flat. I'm 61 wth osteoporosis and normally fit & active. Was told to alternate walking & resting flat. Got lot of dull pain across lower back not where break is. Doesn't seem to improve. Anybody out there can cheer me wth similar experience wth positive outcome or advice? Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think you should count yourself lucky you didn't cause an even worse outcome, if they have said 3 months then I would think after that you will probably be on the road to recovery, pain doesn't always radiate from the broken bone, it can be referred to other areas quite easily and often.

Please be careful until your term of imprisonment is over

• Posted

Thank you very much. Yes I'm incredibly lucky, I can believe how I got away with what I did. Appreciate your response.

• Posted

Could be lack of condition.  You need to get a physiotherapist to prescribe appropriate axercise for you.  There may be some other techniques a trained therapist can perform to help you, like dry needling if you have spasmed or very tight muscles in your back.  

Hope it gets better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.