Fractured to tibia

Posted , 3 users are following.

38 yr old male 240lb

Ok guys. I had a few ? About my injury. First I'll start with how it happin.On Jan 1 2017 I was taking the Christmas lights off my house and the ladder slipped out and I fell ruffly 6-8ft to my feet. My left ankle seem to take most of the punishment.

Me being a man. I didn't think it was as bad as it is. So I sat on it for a week thinking it was a bad sprain. I was unable to put weight on it so after a weej I decided it was time to go to the er.Well my X-ray showed a non displaced fracture in the tibia down by the ankle joint. So the splinted it and sent me on my way. 3 days later I got a. Appointment with a othro dr.This is 12 days into injury the othro dr advised me that because I didn't have insurance and was paying cash that surgery would be a wast of my money since it's nondisplaced fracture. Ortho dr sent me home with a nice plastic air boot and told me to stay off it till my next appointment. Dr told me I could take off the boot while laying around and move the ankle around.. I feel like my ligaments have damage and I'm scared to make this worse. Am I over thinking this? How fragile is my necked ankle after 16day. I feel like when I rest my heal on the leg rest I can see my leg bone drop down just alittle bit as I take the weight off in rest position wife can't see it but I can. I'm worried there more damage. That the X-ray is not showing. How much of this is normal? Thanks for all the help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

So sorry about your ankle, I have been trying to get someone to take my ankle pain seriouslysince February. 'If you have a gut feeling go with it and push for an MRI. The MRI shows more but then you would have to pay if you have no insurance.  Are you in pain, did they give you any meds.  Are you doing therapy.  Keep pushing so you don't slip through the cracks. Hope you get an answer and you feel better soon wink

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I'm in no pain Have not taking any pain meds in 8 days of course I'm still resting the ankle and not walking yet. So no therapy yet.

• Posted

I know you don't have insuance, but I don't know your financial situation. You may have the money, or can get the money, for a CT scan. My insurance didn't cover the CT scan because I hadn't met my deductible. It cost about $1200. You can probaby get it even cheaper if you go to certain independent places. Maybe, like Alley said, you should push for more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.