freaking out

Posted , 4 users are following.

About two weeks ago I had flu like symptoms, lower back pain, and very sore throat. I went to an urgent care. The doctor said that my throat looked fine. He did a strep test and mono test. Both were negative. Took xrays of my throat and said I had lingual tonsillitis. Gave me I.v fluids, pain meds, and antibiotic via I.v as well. Prescribed amoxicillin. After I finished the antibiotic I started having yeast symptoms...little bit itchy, thick white discharge. Then, I started having excruciating pain while urinating. Pain is in my urethra. Couple days later horrible pain in my anus during defecation. I went back to urgent care. Said I tested positive for bv and yeast. Gave me meds for both. Sent off for std testing. I also feel like I've been punched in my vagina and anus. Yesterday I noticed a red, flat sore spot on vagina...itchy and burns when you touch it or ur urine gets on it. Currently looks like an ulcer. I read that you can have bacterial infection in throat and it can move to your bowels and cause infection in anus and uti. Also, read that yeast can cause ulcers. My question is has anyone experienced anything like this? What was the cause? Btw urine test showed no nitrates in urine and my cbc was fine.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can develop yeast infection all through your gut, and where mucus membrane is, vagina, bladder etc. I had vaginal prolapse surgery in December (17 weeks ago) four weeks later got thrush, and have ended up with vulva tenderness, burning and at one stage had ulcers in the entrance to my vagina. Soooo painful. Still waiting for something to treat it. Hoping that my doctor will refer me to a dermatologist who specializes in vulva skin.
  • Posted

The way u describe this Isite how my symptoms started.. started out flu like symptoms then ALOT of pain peeing. Then developed what I thought was an ingrown hair that burst and turned into 3 little blister/ ulcers it hurt so bad. Went to the dr and they did a swab and came back positive for genital herpes 2. They started me on Valtrex and within 48 hours my symptoms were gone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.