Freaking out still.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've asked people on this forum recently but I need to know has anyone else had weird burning sensations in there head? Also bad tension headaches and that heavy feeling on your head. Feel like crap and all these things make me think it's something worse than it is.any input please

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes to all! Anxiety causing tender burning feelings in your head as well as headaches and pressure feelings.
    • Posted

It's such a scary feeling. Makes me think something is really wrong with my head. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac but that's one symptom that scares me to death. You have had that burning feeling in your head? Man anxiety can sure F with our heads.
    • Posted

Yes totally had burning sensation and tender areas on scalp. Yes anxiety symptoms are awful.
    • Posted

Yea between that and the tension headaches my head is so heavy and clouded. Just want to start feeling better soon. Everyday is another day and every day I have my waves it comes and goes. But I'm exhausted and trying not to be a hypochondriac but it's easy to be that way. When u feel so out of wack. Thx for your input I really appreciate it. Also are you taking anything to help your anxiety? I just started lexapro last week 5mg low dose and Xanax mainly to sleep, I hate the Xanax but they do help in those moments. But once he lexapro kicks in ill wein off the Xanax. Gotta get this anxiety under control. Like now!
  • Posted

Hello Nat

Yes headaches are related to anxiety. See your doctor and maybe he/she could prescribe medication or refer you to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to manage the anxiety and do breathing exercises.

I get good and bad weeks. Wish you luck.

• Posted

I have been researching brain tumors and everything. I too get heavy feeling in my head. And throbbing pains and tender feeling scalp. It's so scary. Anxiety causes so many scary symptoms. First i had thought i was dying of heart problems. Now my head. Ughhh!!!
  • Posted

Yes on Prozac 60mg so high dose. It does help. Also take Valium (like Xanax I think) when I need to space out from anxiety! I'm looking into mindfulness workshops and also doing some more cbt.
  • Posted

Yes tension headaches is easily one of the main symptoms of anxiety for me anyway also my neck and top of back ache.they stress me out that much I've already had 3 ct scans of my head at the a&e department over the past few years and every time they are clear.i don't worry as much about the headaches now as I can usually tell it's my anxiety and like my doctor said if there was a serious problem with my brain I would know about by now.
    • Posted

I have had a headaches for 5 days now nonr stop my head feels tight and numb sharp pains in the back of my head it feels like it's going to burst I feel very sick eyes sight has gone blurred I feel very weak and dizzy I get so tired sometimes I could fall asleep standing up and that's in the daytime I get really bad stomach pain lower and upper back pain could you comment thanks 
    • Posted

Do u feel like it could be a tension headache? I notice the more anxious I get the more tense I get get which in return gives me tension headaches? Have you called your doctor?
    • Posted

It does feel like a tension headaches but what worrys me is that how long it's lasting and that I get dizzy with it and nausea as well I havnt called a doctor because they just say the same thing all the time 
    • Posted

Maybe try another doctor. Get a 2nd opinion. That's what I am probably going to do. We gotta keep our minds preoccupied with other things. I bought the power of now book and started that. It's hard to read bc I have a hard time focusing but I'm trying to focus on somthing other then my anxiety. Which isn't easy. Shoot I been having burning sensation in my head lately that scare me to death. So believe me I get it
    • Posted

Nice to no it's not just me I no how scary it is I really do I'm terrified right now never new a headache could last this long but if u ever need to chat just message me and thanksyou for the advice 
  • Posted

Hi nat......

I agree with everything that's been said about how anxiety triggers all sorts of symptoms.

I carry most of my anxious tension in my neck which in turn causes tension headaches on top of my head and temples.

but when I foam roll or massage my neck with a golf ball at the base of My skull and the surrounding muscles it provides great relief.

take care

John

• Posted

Yessss. Burning..frozen drips..weird stuff. Anxiety can be quite a bully and cause really strange sensations.  
    • Posted

Thanks everyone. That is one thing that scares me the most the burning. But I keep telling myself it's just anxiety. But I can always flip it around thinkin it's not. Frustrating!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.