Frequent UTIs

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 3 years ago. luckilly it was still early stage and was removed. 1 dose of chemo and then course of BCG every 6 months for maintenance (last BCG comig June) followed by cystoscopy.

As I cant empty my bladder naturally, I have to catheterise 3 times a day.

I also suffer from regular UTIs and take a low dose antibiotic every night.

I'm also on Tamsulosin and Finasteride.

How can I stop these rgular UTIs?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

What type of catheters are you using ? If you can afford it, try to use the pre-lubed, one-time-used catheters. Also try not to touch hose part of the catheter. Only hold the funnel. Clean your penis with alcohol or antibacterial soap before insertion also helps.

• Posted

I'm using Colorplast compact size 14 cathters and get them on prescription. Use 3 a day. and very careful with personal hygene.

After recuring UTI's my urologist gave me Fosfomycin which is very powerful and have not had a UTI since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.