Frightend by full blood test as white blood count is suppoat to be ten n was 12

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went for a full blood count and bloods always been great. I was well. But came back my white blood count was slightly high 12 instead of 10. Doc said it only slight n not to worry but im scared n worrying terribly. Lady 45 x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine did exactly the same a few months back they did the bloods again a few days later an they were absolutely fine try not to worry ok doubt its anything to worry they just slightly raised like mine were.
  • Posted

Oh i forgot to say white blood cells raise a considerable amount if theres a problem not by just two so its ok dont worry just get them re checked 🙂 Hope all goes well x 

• Posted

What are you worried about? If the doctor said don't worry who's the expert why worry?

• Posted

You maybe starting a slight infection like maybe sinus , ear or throat or just a cold and your body is just fighting it on its own before it gets bad AND that's a good thing :-) SEE your body will fight infections and things for you if your immunity is working good so I think yours is fine :-) Now if it was 25000 then I would be concerned of pneumonia or worse . Plus if all the other blood was fine except for the 12000 in white blood cells then you have nothing to worry about and your body is fighting any infection even low infections and Normal 👍 Sounds like you got good immune system!

• Posted

Hi crosado8 thank you for that it really frightend me so i feel more at ease. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.