Frozen Shoulder

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am just waiting for an Capsular release and MUA for a frozen shoulder which i have had since April 2014 but stiffness since january 2015, never known pain as bad as this?  Before i go under the knife.........does it work??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes it frees up your motion. You have to have physio to push the motion to increase back to full health.

For one shoudler I was off all pain meds within 2 days - but had long term physio due to muscle wastage.

The other (which I am delaing with now) - a very different story - i have had two ends of teh spectrum in simplicitya nd complexity.

Don't underestimate how this affects your mental health - make sure your gp is also offering you support for that.

Take care.

• Posted

Thanks .... to be honest i'm still at work but find things really difficult, i drive changing the gears with my right hand!!!  i take aabout 16 tablets a day and vodka at night to numb the pain.... never known pain like this to be honest, doctors have been great and the waiting time to get this operation has been quite quick in all fairness, the surgeon said i also have arthristus in my shoulder so need to deal with that later, just want to be able to move my arm!!!!  i am determined so i will make sure i do the exercises as soon as to get me moving
  • Posted

Hi Kim, I had MUA and arthroscopy with subacromial decompression (they shaved a bit of the bone & cartilage off) and release/removal of adhesions last Feb & I have just had a further MUA last monday ............Much much better this time smile if they shave the bone it leaves the nerves exposed - like raw bone ouch! Trying to do the excercises & intensive physio was v difficult & v painful & I froze up again which my consultant thought would happen - he was really good & reassured me that it wasn't my fault & I hadn't done anything wrong - it just sometimes happens sad  So he took me back to theatre & touch wood this time its brilliant smile movements much improved & pain has eased so much smile 

So I wish you luck with your op but just be mindful you may need further intervention........... 

We all know how you are feeling & wish you well & painfree pdq xx

• Posted

Hi inda,  The surgeon mentioned that he will shave some of the bone as well....i'm dreading it to be honest but so fed up of the pain that i will try anything to get it healed, i know it will be hard work but i'm determined to get better.  Off on Holiday in August and getting married in Feb so need to move my arm lol!!!!  here's hoping but i will def keep an open mind.  Glad you are on the mend and thank you for your comment x
    • Posted

Kim you will be fine smile You will wake up with your arm in a sling & will have a nerve block so your arm will be dead for a good few hours.......Its so worth it - I don't regret my surgery at all, even though I needed further manipulation. You should be well enough to enjoy your holiday in August & well & truly healed by Feb for your wedding smile such loverly things to look forward to smile 

Keep taking your painkillers & rest when you can. 

Sending you gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Thanks Linda, quite a few people are putting on here that they have had to go back and have another MUA but if that is what it takes then so be it.....can't wait to go on my hols and be able to swim!!!!! lol and was dreading the wedding dance!!!! wouldn't have been able to do that as can't move my flippin arm ha ha x
  • Posted

Hi Kim,  Dont worry , the op is quick and recovery is good, you feel relief straight away...there will of course be some pain, but not that toe curling FS pain.  Scars are tiny I have one on front of shoulder one on the back, only few cms in length, well worth it to escape the agony!

You will be up and about in no time!  xxxx

• Posted

Thanks Cheryl......it makes me feel better knowing it has worked for so many people.  Can't be any more painful then the FS.

Hope you keep well x

• Posted

Agree with everone here, yesterday I was 6 weeks post op for the same. Op was simple and 'that' pain went instantly. Arm in sling for 24 hours and stitches (1 in each wound) out 10 days later. Physio continues to aid the mobility. I had been off work 3 months prior to surgery and returned 10 days after surgery. Driving  week after surgery. Sleeping is still difficult and there is pain, but NO WHERE like what you are dealing with now. I don't regret a minute, it's a huge relief. Good luck, keep posting on here - Mandy 
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment, its good to see so many people getting through this......never thought the pain could be so bad, ive had my hair cut short as i can't do it anymore and i have become a professional at driving and changing gears with one arm!!!!!!!  work is great and i have managed to keep this going although some days i think i have been in the land of GA GA!!!  cant wait for the call to go in and get this sorted, currently the pain in more under my arm and in the muscles that seem to be wasting away!!!!!  hate it grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Posted

I guess I am just beginning this horrendous journey have had this mind numbing pain since last December  can move my arm very little now. Had cortisone injections twice and not helped at all am awaiting Mir scan and on strong painkillers nothing and I mean nothing helps this pain. So I am on this forum to see light at the end of the tunnel will follow your progress Kim and hope to you are pain free very soon good luck to all on this forum that this nightmare ends soon will follow with interest xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.