frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have left frozen shoulder from last four months. my GP has detected at early stage i went  to acupuntucre and physio ehich make it worse. than my GP refers to surgeon and have my MRI SCAN for left shoulder and ulner nerve.Than surgeon give me cortisone injection in my left shoulder. I have lot of relief from it.in my pain. but i cant lift my arm above the shoulder level. from last two weeks i started feeling pain again in my left shoulder and underneath of my left golf elbow. if i take even a small load on my left arm it  has bearable pain for couple of days than it cools down automatically.but i have on /off bearable pain all the times. i saw thw surgeon last week for follow up he says it will take one year and movement will come back in one year.  i have no movement still even after  morethan one month of cortisone injection. i am confused whether i go to see the  surgeon again or wait for couple of months . may be it starts healing. i am daibetic from last 8 years

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Cortisone injections don't always work and sometimes only work force few days to weeks before its back to normal for it to work you need to have more than one equal time apart and physio I've had 4 in 18 months and surgery. But I was pleased with surgery but sort of regret it a little as 6 weeks post op it became all inflammed again .

It's an awful condition awful so painful and life changing at its worst xx

• Posted

i will wait for two months if some improvement comes than i wont go to see the surgeon .otherwise i wll go back and follow with him about FS
  • Posted

Unfortunately there isn't a lot that can be done for this condition it just has to run its coarse and that can be anything from 1 to 3 years. The painful part starts about a month in and can last about 2 months or more. I'm 5 months and have had surgery but the recovery is still a slow one.

• Posted

I reccommend physical therapy or chriropractor.No more cortisone.Lots of stretching.It hurts but you need to break thru the scar tissue.This is the most painful thing but push thru it.You need to break thru the adhesive capulitis.
    • Posted

Hi Karin I guess it depends where you're from in Australia they say no pain, so do not do anything that causes pain, yes stretch and do the exercises and physiotherapy but only do it to where the pain starts and don't go any further because the inflammation will happen and you're back where you started. On here I've seen a lot of different responses but I'm all for recovery without pain, my daily exercises are starting too work and one I've discovered myself to get your ROM getting better side ways is doing angels in the snow movement with your arms but doing it on your bed, only slowly and doing it so it's not painful just do small movement to start off with

• Posted

Yes it does I have been dealing with this since May.Had a procedure done in Canada to free scar tissue.I have range of motion but still pain and cant put arm behind my back.Its a slow progress.
    • Posted

I'm sorry I don't agree but what I will say is every one is different.and can tolerate different things For PT to work it has to be got a TV the right time I've had left FS for 2 years now in my right. Physio made mine considerably worse breaking the scar tissue causes it to become more inflammed, creating more scar tissue. I stopped PT, I had cortisone although it temporarily gave some pain relief it didnt stop it the pain came back. I had hydro dilation which is supposed to break the scar tissue dilating the joint also called hydro distension if you can tolerate the 5 mm of dilation all we and good i couldn't I got to.2mm it's excruciating. I had surgery 2 years of suffering after all the procedures I had subacromial decompression capsular release they took bone away all good, good movement very little pain. Until 6-8 weeks post op the stiffness was back the pain was back and had to see the surgeon as it was also catching so had an ultrasound and guided cortisone it's reduced the pain but still catching. What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another what one finds ok another may not.

• Posted

IN the US I had xiaflex injection a protein injected that breaks up the collagen that bind the facia tissue and shoulder capsule. After a week went back to doc and shoulder manulipation was done under local pain injection.

then a few weeks of therapy I have full rom. 

There is also manipulation done under pain injection only. .

• Posted

I had FS on the right in 2010. It took apx 14 months to be well. I've had it in my left now since Feb 2016, and it's just now getting better. The bad pain is gone, but I dont have full ROM back yet. I'm just happy for the pain relief. Don't have surgery, and don't push through the pain. Just do simple stretching exercises - but stop when it gets to a painful position. You'll only aggrivate it more. The adhesions can't be changed, or made to be broken. They just re-adhere. You just have to wait. Waiting, and being careful is all you can do. If you try a bunch of other things, you will only be torturing yourself more.

'

• Posted

Totally agree it just needs to heal on it's own, however I did have ACR and MUA because I have a physical job and needed healing to be faster I'm 6 months in 3 months post surgery and my ROM is starting to get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.