Frozen shoulder and feeling dizzy

Posted , 4 users are following.

awaiting an operation for Frozen shoulder, it's pretty locked in but I'm not in as much pain as I was its just a week ago I had a severe dizzy turn the room was spinning I vomited and the whole day felt like I couldn't move my head properly without spinning and feeling nauseous. A week on and still feeling unsteady. At times although has improved, just wondering if it's anything to do with Frozen shoulder! Has anyone else experienced this?? Good to here back from anyone out there thankyou xx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, the pain from my fs made me want to vomit most of the time - its such an awful drop to your knees pain which did make me dizzy sad

You should feel better following your op smile good luck! 

• Posted

Hi,

I've had a few episodes where room is spinning etc. could be related to your neck which gets involved in frozen shoulder. It will pass but mention it to DR. I've had problems with middle ear in past too!

• Posted

Hi Sara,  vertigo has been part and parcel of my whole situation but this was present mildy before I had an accident which triggered frozen shoulder, I also fractured my neck in the same accident which mended but suffered extreme vertigo for months then when my neck had healed enough had the Epley manoevre in ENT which cured it but it does keep returning but not as bad as it was.  I have found that since entering the second stage of frozen shoulder i.e. the pain has reduced significantly, I am getting more and more dizzy spells as opposed to vertigo.  It is important you get any ongoing symptoms of either dizziness or vertigo checked out as to the cause so ask for a referral to ENT.  Neck I think does play a big issue in it and of course any sudden jolt can cause the crystals in the ear to dislodge I understand - look up BPPV ont he internet.   I have my long awaited for operation next week but now out of the extreme pain I wonder if I should let nature take its course as it is manageable when you can at last get some sleep!  wishing you all the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.