frozen shoulder~ its been so difficult

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone ever dealt with this ? Any input would be great.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,do you have pain as well or is it just frozen? I have had lots of issues with my left shoulder. After a steroid injection it got better. Bit year on now it is getting worse day by day. I cannot use my left arm as freely as my right. All the best
    • Posted

its been pretty difficult  deal with and quite painful. I have been doing therapy for about 4 weeks and last week ortho doc gave me a shot of cortizone . i dont think that helped at all

?Everything i have read about "frozen shoullder" makes me frusturated.

?i cant imagine this lasting a yr or longer   

• Posted

Hi Pam.  This was the first symptom I had, last year. Came on suddenly and got progressively worse until I could not raise my arm to any height.  I had physio and acupuncture and got slight relief.  This only fully improved this year around April.  I had started taking Omega 3, a really good one, in February and I believe that this really helped.   By the way, it was diagnosed as tendonitis.  I had an injection also that did nothing.  It is completely gone now, over a year later but as I said did take up to April this year.  This was one of the first symptoms I got when I missed my first period, so the start of the bad symptoms.  They have never related it to hormones, even though I had never had it before and knew myself that it was hormones that caused it.  I sympathise, as this was the worst thing and the pain was excruciating.  sad

• Posted

thanks you for your reply. This whole process has been painful and frusturating. My pain started in May, and the limited movement and pain has increased slowly but surely. I saw an ortho doctor about a month and half ago. started therapy . I went back to doc last week and we did the cortizone shot. I dont see or feel any improvement
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

a frozen shoulder will just go of its own accord but could take up to 18 months!  My acupuncturist says he can treat a frozen shoulder in three treatments. I didn't know him then, and I found yoga helped keep mine more mobile.  

Good luck

helen

• Posted

yes alot of us have dealti with this on this site.  For me, it went away when I changed my nutrition.  I thought it was frozen shoulder but it was a deficiency. I went through all the tests, steriods, etc.  Putting seriously proper nutrition in place, tons of veggies (through supplement shakes), dense nutrition and probiotics - and it went away rather quickly. Finding the right powder to drink every day was key.  I don't miss a day and I feel really good now. Organic turmeric and curmerin took care of whatever any arm pain not cured by that. I picked up that  tip from someone on this site as well. The only issue I still experience is lower back muscle tightness but I find a spoonful of calcium/magnesium powder in my oj or cranberry juice before bed greatly helps this.  Browse this site thoroughly search joint pain and perimenopause. There are many people who found ways to fix all these issues without resorting to medicaitons.  Best of all to you.

• Posted

Terri,

​I actually have just gave serious thought to maybe it would improve if i changed my diet. I tell you it is wearing me down not just phsyically but mentally. I am 48 but im starting to feel like im 75 .

thanks so much

​Pam

• Posted

Have bee suffering from this for the last 5 months . Started physio about 2 weeks ago . Am also in peri so don't know if there is a link ?

Movements are restricted . It takes a long time I believe to heal.

Deep tissue massage by good physio provides temporary relief .

• Posted

Isn't it so frustrating ?! It's such a mysterious thing.

Yes I am constantly massaging my arm /shoulder when I'm not at therapy

• Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with a servers frozen shoulder

last year,then pain was so bad it made me cry if it was even tapped a little bit. My GP referred me to a surgeon where I had an arthroscopic release and manual manipulation under anaesthetic. I had discomfort after but ice painkillers and an excellent physio helped. I was told that I could see what would happen but he said injections wouldn't work for me as I couldn't even lift my arm above my hip without being in extreme pain so this was my best option and it's worked no more pain

• Posted

you've described the pain of frozen shoulder so well.  I remember the sickening pain on any movement or if anyone even touched my arm.  uhhhh. So painful to do anything even sleep.  I really really sympathise with anyone who's had this... glad that surgery worked for you.

• Posted

Frozen shoulder is quite common during menopause. Like mentioned above, look at your diet. I don't suffer from that but I do get the achy muscles. I take two tablespoons of fish oil daily for inflammation along with D3 and magnesium. I look at everything I eat and drink. No sugars or processed foods either. Diet plays a huge role when it comes to our hormones fluctuating.

• Posted

Had a frozen shoulder many years ago, agonising isn't it.  Lots of ibuprofen and physio sorted it in the end.  Try cold compresses too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.