Frozen shoulder MUA

Posted , 2 users are following.

Original post ..

Hi and Ty everyone for replies. I didn't chicken out and had it done. They said it was one of the worst they have seen. I got though my firstaggresive therapy thins morning with nerve block still working. He was able to get it to 180 woohoo,! The block is wearing off now and I feel sore but not like ti thought at all. They also gave me some heavy meds. It was so nice having a great nights sleep that I haven't had in 3 months. Now to push through the next 2 weeks of therapy and staying positive . Again, Ty so much for your replies.

4 days after MUA sore but nothing like before. Therapy everyday is rough but pushing through. Range of motion is almost back to normal. Bending the elbow and forearm out is the hardest one. I am so happy I went through with it. The only other problem is insurance not wanting to extend more therapy. If you are only doing therapy and thinking about MUA keep this in mind as therapy here is $80half hour. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear LadyB, well although the massages are so amazing and helpful, the results only last a day or so and then it goes back. I have decided I have waited long enough. I am going into Doc in tow days to discuss the MUA. I can't take it anymore. So, i am hoping he can do it the next day but i may have to wait a week. I have a question for yuou..did you have to take pain meds to get through the 2-week therapy sessions? I currently take two only on therapy days when they rip me.
    • Posted

hi im sorry i didnt respnd. It worked great for me untill now. I did need pain meds and now i am back to muscle relaxers and a lot of stretching to keep it from freezing up again. How are you?

• Posted

Also, was wondering if you were able to work on the days during the 2 weeks of post MUA visits to PT
  • Posted

UGH.... after having it done in Oct and got full ROM back. I pulled geting a bag of dog food in the truck a week ago and I think it is coming back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.