Frozen Shoulder Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'd like to know if others share some of my symptoms and which ones?

1) Days of constant pain, even at rest?

2) Pain in the upper arm, often in the inner upper arm?

3) Pain in the back of the shoulder?

4) Pain when laying on the scapula of the affected shoulder?

5) No increase in pain while doing therapy exercises? But, an increase sometimes afterwards?

6) Mostly bad days, but some random low-pain days? And, often no clear reason why I have those low-pain days.

7) Pain that seems to move around. Sometimes arm pain, then back of shoulder pain, then arm pain again?

8) Typically either arm pain or back of the shoulder pain, but typically not both at the same time.

Thank you !!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All of the above sounds fairly typical of AC From personal experience, I have experienced all sorts of pain in every imaginable area, from my shoulder to my neck, in my my elbow, sometimes agonising one day then almost gone the next...then back again. Pain differs, sometimes feels like it is in the shoulder joint, sometimes feel like tendon pain in the bicep. I have pain that radiates into the arm, into the shoulder blade and even into my collarbone. I occasionally get 'stoons' of sharp, breathtaking pain in my collar bone area on the same side as the frozen shoulder. (Why it is called such an innocuous name beats me, when it should be called utter agony shoulder. )

I am about seven months on from first symptoms which were constant agonising pain which took over my life lasted about four months but I still had range of movement. Things like sudden arm moves (eg slipped on ice, put arms out to steady myself and almost blacked out) were agonising. Then noticed I could not lift my arm at all, or put it behind my back. Realised it was AC.Now I still have severe limited movement, but only have really bad pain at night and occasionally woken from sleep - but I am still aware of my pain all day every day. Pain and stiffness is still pretty bad on waking then fades as the day goes on. Exercises hurt while I do them but pain doesn't linger or make it worse (still cannot do pendulum swings.)

The bad news...I am having symptoms and pain in my other shoulder, but no sign of the frozen stage as I can still put this arm through a range of motion. I hope it does not develop...rolleyes

From what I have learned of this condition, we are in it for the long haul.

Good luck....

• Posted

Lesley I know it's been over a year. How are you doing. I could have written your post. Going thru the exact same thing. Feeling depressed. Tracey
  • Posted

Hi Allen, the symptoms you have mentioned is seems to be like caused by arthritis. I am not sure but as per my knowledge.

Jeremy

• Posted

I had frozen shoulder in both. First one and then the other. The pain was at times unbearable, from a constant ache to a sharp pain like an electrical jolt. I could not get my arm behind my back at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.