Frozen shoulder post subcronial decompression surgery. Capsular release

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I injured my shoulder Dec 2014 it is believed I dislocated my shoulder and it went back. I have had pain, neuropathy and instability since. In October 2015 I had subcronial decompression, post this I suffered from adhesive capsule and had surgery 2 months ago. The shoulder is better than it was but still Frozen so my consultant sent me for hydrodillitation which had no effect.

I have seen him today and he said its will Frozen. He wants me to have bloods to see if I'm diabetic or thyroid issue as increases scaring.

He said I could have an operation again bu he's not sure how much relief I will get. It could possibly resolve on its on within 18 months but the physio is struggling with me as says the shoulder is blocked. I can't wen get my arm behind my back.

Argh what to do. Any advice ty

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia,

I am sorry you haven't had good relief from your surgery.  Personally, I'd go see another consultant and get a second opinion.  And get another, and get another, until you get the answer that will suit you best.  Don't just settle for one opinion.  I hope you get some answers soon.  

Regards,

Ellen

• Posted

Wow, Julia. Sorry to hear. You've been through a lot. I'd be curious to know what a few weeks (or more) of heat & rest & gentle care will do for your shoulder, after so many procedures. Hopefully you can spend some time reading through the forum to see what ideas here you think might work for you. Meanwhile, we get pretty good at using the other arm & giving one-armed hugs smile Liane

• Posted

ive started with rotator cuff tendonitis and ended up with frozen shoulder, i had cortisone injections Physio and hydrodilation. Physio made it worse cortisone eased the pain a bit as did hydrodilation but not completly it didnt do anything for movement.

So 5 weeks ago tomorrow i had a subacromial decompression and capsular release movement is great at least 90% and the only pain is post op ache and bit of stiffness which but not a old pain this is whats expected post op 😊so im quite happybwith results i havevphysio exercises 4 times a day and see physio every week

• Posted

I've had FZ since September 2015 and believe it happened from aggressively cleaning my husbands shower. 8 months down and hopefully less than 10 to go. Don't think I'm at a point where I can do Pt yet. I've heard you have to be in stage 2 for that to be beneficial and it would just drain me right now. It sounds like all the surgery has that you've done hasn't helped you and that's what I'm worried about. The healing needed after surgery would probably take us both to the same end result and length of time. It's horrible. Much worse than giving birth! My pain is constant like a vice grip constantly latched onto my shoulder. Not to mention the tendinitis in my wrist now because I have to bend it so awkwardly to do everything. I pray that we get to the end quick. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi woken with shoulder pain..... It's so difficult the idea of continuing with this pain is saddening.

I'm fed up of the pain killers and limitation on things I can do. The shoulder was so badly Frozen when he operated I'm convinced he didn't clear all the scar tissue and he needs to do it again.

It feels like I have impingement again too so not sure if surgery will help.

I think he felt quite bad as he's normally more vocal but I guess some of my movement is worse that pre original op which isn't ideal.

I have a hand tendon repair in January too which hasn't healed correctly so I do appear as they call it to be a scarrer.

It's amazing how much a shoulder that is frozen can hurt isn't it. I guess I'll have to blood tests and see as he said that is glucose isn't correct balancing this can aid recovery.

I think I'll have a couple of weeks think ref surgery just annoying to be in the 10% as he said that current treatment hasn't helped X

• Posted

It is excruciatingly painful and debilitating, maybe give the surferybanother gonask hin ti do.subacromial decompression and capsular release x its worked for me i have spoken to a few who its worked for if not chsnge your surgeon and try again i would xx
  • Posted

So sorry Julia!  I have only two suggestions.  The first is to research first then see if you want to try large doses of MSM.  For me having hemochromatosis, it wasn't something I could keep up for long but sure helped me.  But for normal people, it seems to be a miracle nutrient of sorts with few side effects.  Helps the actual healing and is an antiinflammatory.  Have to take about 10,000 mg/day though to help.  (Anywhere from 8000 to 15,000 I've heard).

Second suggestion I got from a PT, which I abbreviated.  She told me about "Goji tendon response" (probably misspelling).  If take shoulder into pain zone, it reacts by tightening up more to protect.  Being only in stage one, i found the overhead pulleys especially bothersome to my shoulder.  BUT this is what I came up with.  I stretch arm (usually in a doorway against the wall, but whatever you come up with for a stretch that's needed.  Start to bring it to where you JUST feel pain, then back off a bit to where you don't. While doing that easy stretch, use your hand. For me, i clasp & unclasp it (make fist, open, make fist, open (stretching fingers)(several times)..  MUSCLE MOVEMENT gets the arm to elongate, and you'll find now you can stretch it a little more without pain.  Repeat again the clasping hand in new position.  Repeat again however many times you want and try it with different stretches.  That helps me a lot.  God bless best wishes :-)

• Posted

Ive 5 weeks post subacromial decompression and capsular release I have good movement to front bpnot as good to the side although it goes it's stiff, but to the back I just can't do it, it's painful and doesn't go. But still glad I had it done I was rammed full of scar tissue and they had to take some bone out to 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.