Frustrated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wrote back almost a year ago about my frozen shoulder.  I had surgery on June 22nd, went to therapy for over 3 months.  Although the pain is gone which makes me extremely happy the ROM is just not there.  At the time the Dr. wanted to take me back into OR to manipulate the shoulder but no gaurantee it would help so I opted not too. My ROM is better then it was but still no where near 100%.  Just frustrated and just don't know what to do. The muscle is gone no strength at all.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The only way to get it back is to do three things. Physical therapy as soon as possible, experienced therapeutic massage therapists who can help break up any scar tissue and regular physical activity that will naturally get things moving again. 
    • Posted

I have been doing exercise at home, can't wait for warmer weather so I can get into pool.  I need to find a therapist that does more then just heat/stim/strentch a little  then they watch me do the exercise I do at home and then ice.  I have been to two therapist the same thing.  I do all that at home.  sad

• Posted

I had no pain at all for 6 months. I was happy I am pain free on my left shoulder. My ROM is not there and I do have no muscle there to strengthen. I still go PT and seems nothing improve with ROM. Any suggestion?

Debbie

• Posted

Oops not 6 months. It should be since I had the pain for 6 mi this after shoulder surgery
    • Posted

I wish I had a suggestion.  My doctor suggested manipulation which would break up the scar tissues but I don't want to go thru it again sad
    • Posted

I did had manipulation and adhesion capsulitis arthroscopy. My doctor said I had lot of scar tissues to remove.
  • Posted

Hi Rain,

That is awful! You must be very frustrated indeed. I do not blame you for oppting out of the shoulder minipulation, I too am pretty sure I do not want any suregery as it only seems to help a small percentage.  I have reached the conclusion that many  of us are going to be forced to ride this out like a virus and there is really not a lot we can do. The FS seems to be alot more severe in some cases and more resistant. Even the doctor said they do not have any effective methods to treat FS except trial and error and we all respond differently.  

I think everyone on this forum has a pretty good idea of how you are feeling.  We all truly share your frustration. I wish you the best. 

PS. I noticed that there are about 500 of us on this forum, seems there is enough of us out there, I wish they would do more research on Frozen Shoulder

• Posted

Jen- I probably would do the same thing to opt not do MUA again when I go back see the doctor. My pain is gone but ROM is not there. I still go physical therapist twice a week. I do believe FS is a long recovery.

We need to support each other and see how everyone is doing.

• Posted

Hi Debbie! Oh my gosh, after all you went through, the ROM is still not there? I'm sorry my friend. I guess at least the pain has backed off a little, hopefully you can get a little more rest. Have you been able to go back to work?

Yes, we all need the support. D

• Posted

Yes I already went back to work starting last week. So far so good with light duty job. 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.