Frustrated

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is so embarrassing, I'm frustrated & don't know what will help. I've been post menopausal for a few years now. Intimacy has gotten almost down to none because of the pain it puts me in. I have found relief of using Astroglide for the foreplay, but actual penitration is impossible & we have just given up. I don't want to take hormones. Is there anything that would help. I will note that I never was able to have children & not sure if this could be part of my problem or not.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

why do you not want to take a hormone like vagifem or Estrace. It's the only way I know of to begin to repair things. The lack of hormones is what is probably causing the problem. I've been on Estrace and then Yuvafem since Sept. It will be a bit more time before I can consider sex. But my symptoms have improved slowly

• Posted

I wouldn't have a problem taking hormones but I can't because I have had breast cancer twice so my GP says it's a definite NO! I would consider having the Mona Lisa treatment if I could afford it. Women on this forum seem to have had good results with it. My main problem is vaginal dryness. I don't have any of the other symptoms. Hopefully I will be able to comment on its successfulness when I finally get it done.

• Posted

I use Vagifem for my Atrophic Vaginitis.....it has been a blessing.  My GYN doctor said the low dose is safe and stays in the local area.  My sister had breast cancer so I was concerned at first but have done research and all backs up what my doctor says.  Intimacy has been impossible with me as well with my hubby but hopefully in time it will improve.  When I have stopped meds or forgot to take the Vagifem I start to feel the discomfort so I know this will be lifelong medication.  Yuvafem is the new generic for Vagifem.

hope this helps.....you are NOT alone!

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I have tried Vagifem, Ovest cream and now have the Estring ring 24/7. Neither have been 100% successful. I have to take Letrozole to block the body making oestrogen and the condition has worsened since then as my body is no longer producing oestrogen. I have been told by my GP that there is nothing else I can try sad

• Posted

I think that is the problem with AV is that the secret is you will never be at 100%. My last visit to the NP she told me I might never be completely pain free. Pretty depressing
    • Posted

After 2 weeks of Premarin it took several weeks for the Vagifem 2x a week for me to feel normal again.....it takes time for most. Some may need more Vagifem maybe 3x weekly.

wendy

• Posted

I've been taking 'stuff' for the last 5 years, increasing the dose, trying 'better' meds. My sex life is almost non-existent! sad I'm thinking the Mona Lisa treatment might work for me as nothing else has. 

• Posted

I am not familiar with the Mona Lisa treatment.  I hear it works for some and not for a few.  Our sex life is pretty much non-existent as well.  I feel so badly for my husband mostly😥

• Posted

Hi Donna

since you have been on the Uvafem...have you been losing any hair more than usual?

• Posted

That's good to hear.....maybe I'm losing hair because of much stress these past months......would not want it to be because of the Vagifem as it helps so much for AV.   Stress is not good for our bodies. I need Gods help to get me through stressful times!

i hope you are getting better each day Donna.  It takes time but it works!  Hang in there!

• Posted

yesterday was a better day. Stress does do bad things to us. My doctor increased my yuvafem to three times a week. I'm praying this works for me. The ups and downs of AV is what just gets me so depressed. 

• Posted

I'm so glad you had a better day and hope the future days will get better and better!  Give the additional Yuvafem some time....hang in there girl!🌺

• Posted

I didn't want to mess with the hormones & last night I was doing a lot more reading & I think I found what might be my problem. It might be Vaginismus. In the articles I read about it, it is supposed to be cureable. Now I have something to go on when I make an appt with a Gyn. I actually accidentally found the info on Vaginismus while reading through this forum. & someone had mentioned it. 

• Posted

I think because of the difficulty and pain, discomfort when having sex that it eventually turns into vaginismus. But if the creams etc work it should improve. Fingers crossed for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.