Frustrated but I think I can be cured

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 months ago, I began to suffer tinnitus symptoms when I encountered a viral infection. Also, I went to the dentist complaining of jaw ache but has now been helped with the use of a night guard due to possible grinding of the teeth. I have visited the doctors complaining about a constant congested nose, the ear ringing which is frequent everyday, constant ear crackling and on occassions, my ear has felt clogged. The doctor prescribed me Nasonex and reccomended steam inhalation. The only reason I am discussing this is that I'm frustrated by the ear ringing. Do I look to sinus problems which are related to allergies or is it just a natural dysfunction which will heal on it's own? hope to hear from anyone and advice that can be given.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel your frustration..I am fortunate to live in the Boston area. ..they immediately diagnosed padulous eustacian tube....finally after six months Dr. POE is going to do the surgery which involves inserting an IV catheter t hat they fill with bone wax...80%success rate...just waiting for surgery date
    • Posted

Hi,

As I live in England, the options aren't extensive over here as America but I have private medical therefore might go down that route. I'm only 18 and it's hard to experience these symptoms. That's very good news for you and I hope it will sort out the problem!!

• Posted

Well good luck to you. I know I am very fortunate to live in one of the medical mecas. You should research padulous eustachian tubes and see who over there may be an expert in treating.
  • Posted

Will you all keep us informed?
    • Posted

Yes Alison. I'm seeing an ENT on private medical this friday coming so things are looking positive.
  • Posted

Hi tom, you're on same path as me, had my 1st consult last week, plus blood test for allergies...have ct on Wednesday before next consult.

my issuses started after labrynthitis ( inner ear infection ) anti biotics didn't cure it, so used my BUPA cover to see ENT .

i believe ( and him too ) that my problems are sinus and allergy related...my ears are ringing it varies in volume, they feel full too and pop but then don't clear! Driving me mad...

read a few threads on diet ( say goodbye to caffeine, salt and dairy) and a very informative one from another forum on antihistamines, supplements, sinus cleaning( I have a sinus cleaner it helps) and an ear popper...sounds bizarre but lots had tried it and it had helped.

I'll watch your post to see how you go.

• Posted

Hi Tom!

I'm an 18 year old in the same position as you and was wondering whether you are now cured or not?

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.