Frustrated with post surgical care

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had carpal tunnel revision surgery in April (3rd surgery for CT), returned to full work duty. Now having pain, numbness, circulation loss again and have developed ganglion cysts. In one report, dr says this will persist due to my work (bank teller), in another report he says I don't have a permanent impairment even tho another dr hired to do work comp assessment says I do have an impairment. My employer is asking for confirmation that I do need accommodations at work to continue employment but dr won't say one way or the other. I feel like no one is taking my pain & symptoms seriously and don't know where to go for help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

3 operations for CTS is very unusual (assuming this is the same hand). COme and discuss it on carpal tunnel net. Dr J Bland
    • Posted

Same hand, same surgeon. First surgery was in 2003, second in 2006.  Was fairly symptom free for years. Now working in a job with a lot of repetitive movement with an increasing workload I the forseeable future. I have to stay at this job because the insurance benefits. My employer has to do everything properly according to work comp regulations, which means reports from the dr.  What he is telling me verbally and what he is putting in to the reports are not the same. My employer will not make any work accommodations without his written report saying what I need. I've worked thru the pain for so long without majorly complaining that I feel no one really believes how much pain I actually am in. 

• Posted

I'm happy to give it some thought but I only visit this site occasionally and we will need to assemble lots of infomration, including nerve conduction studies from before and after the ioperations ideally. I'm not on this site often so it's far better done through my own website I'm afraid. JB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.