FS Friends - what is your scarring like in general?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've read a lot here lately about the scar tissue that builds up in our FS. I'm curious if there could be any connection between FS and skin that scars easily...

In general, I get heavy scarring from a deep cut or surgery. The scar looks more like a pink caterpillar than the nice, thin disappearing line that my daughter & hubby enjoy for scars. My Mom had two FS years ago & also gets heavy surgical scarring. 

Anyone else relate?

Liane

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not me. I had my thyroid removes several years ago and the line is barely noticeable.

The FS, however, is painful enough to bring me to my knees (literally at one point!)

• Posted

Well, since scarring is a secondary response to some other trigger, I think it has more do due with immunity and/or hormones. Scarring, I believe, is what is causing most of the pain and inflammation, but what is causing the scarring to occur is what I'd like to know.
  • Posted

Scar tissue is inside the joint from inflammation it looks like white cobweb cotton wool i usedcto work in the Operating theatre it comes about from inflammation i hadcsurgert last wednesday abd my shoulder joint was white and had loads of this in the after pictures inside the joint was lovely and pink.scarring outside iscminimal 2 small incisions 5mm lovely job
  • Posted

Thank you, Tara, Midonda & Karen. I would love to know too why the FS scarring happens - I guess that's the adhesive part of AC smile There's been some study done on keloids & contractures, but AC is a different monster...  
    • Posted

I asked its from inflammation most inflammation leaves scar tissue x I initially had rotator cuff tendonitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.