Fstigue

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can you tell me how you deal with the fatigue... Some days I am so tired just want to go back to bed..I do a few jobs in house and find myself having to sit down...

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I really sympathise. I don't have Sjogren's but Behcet's which has similar symptoms. I don't even know what to suggest. I have great treatment these days and it is so much better. Tiredness is pretty much gone. Apart from really good disease management I don"t know of any way of making the tiredness go away. Maybe others on here will have ideas on how to improve it. Very resourceful site. People have great tips on here.

• Posted

Thanks for replying.... Have recently started medication prescribed by consultant... So hopefully these will kick in soon...trying to loose a bit of weight and take up more exercise.. Even though I don't always feel like it... 

• Posted

Ok, I hope that helps you Glenys. Miserable really feeling like that all the time. And hard to get an exercise or diet regime going when you're so tired. Hope it improves. x

• Posted

Ok now that this may sound counterintuitive but I force myself to go to my gym. I do just 10 minutes each on the rowing machine, bicycle and treadmill all at whatever speed my body feels comfortable with. After that I practice kundalini yoga for about 12 minutes. I follow this ritual 3 times a week.

Sometimes, about 70% of the time I feel refreshed and the other 30% I feel no difference. In other words, I fight fire with fire.

Good luck!

• Posted

yes that certainly helps. And I try to cycle of a day. That helps.  It's always the old problem though....if you're so tired you can't go to gym....blah blah. You get so ground down by that fatigue don't you? We constantly fight to stay ahead of our symptoms. x

• Posted

Thanks for replying ... Am trying to loose weight and get more motivated into doing more exercise..so hopefully this will help...
  • Posted

Hi glenys50797, I have had Sjogrens for 15 years now and have just started feeling the

fatigue issue. It wipes me out so badly and there are days I just stay in my PJ's. Going to the gym is a great idea. I love my garden and my flowers so I spend time doing what I love. It gets the endorphins going too. I can do a little or alot. My Rheumy tells me to listen to my body and rest when I need to rest. I just kind of take it day by day. I wish i had more information on this but its kind of new to me too.

God bless you and i hope you start to have more energy again.

Kristyk

• Posted

hi kristyk I usually spend my day off in my pjs ... Doing few jobs in house... And sitting down in between ... So takes me twice as long... Friends and family don't understand how I can still be tired after 10 hrs sleep.. But I am...some days I don't seem so tired.. And like you...just take each day. As it comes and do what I can..

• Posted

I wish I had an answer to that one, Glenys! I know a lot of people (not just those with SS) say that doing something energetic helps, but it's never helped me, even before I got SS. I don't let this stop me from going for brisk walks or doing aerobic workouts at home, but exercise has always left me feeling absolutely exhausted. When I get in from walking for an hour or so, I can literally fall asleep on my feet, and I've been like that as long as I can remember, even as a child.

When I was young, I used to feel very guilty and lazy about this, but a few years ago I read an article (which I haven't saved) that said this was perfectly normal for a small percentage of people. That at least stopped the guilt, but I still don't have an answer to the problem!

• Posted

Same with me, when I am home I need to take a nap for 1-1 1/2 hours.

If I am working then when I get home I have to go a bed and relax.

Maybe someone has a idea what we should do?

• Posted

Hi Glenys,

?I am really having a hard time of it right now myself!  I'm in a middle of a flare up of my RA as well as my SS, and it has been going on for 3 months.  I just saw my RA doc. They started me on Imuran a month ago, and I have not seen much of an imporvement as of yet.  Everything hurts like crazy, and I am so tired, I don't think I have ever been so tired in my entire life.  I get a good night's sleep, but I can hardly wake up.  I have to really force myself to get out of bed, like you I force myself to do some things in the house, and have to sit down.  If I sit too long, I will start to fall asleep.  I can't think straight, I have absolutely no energy what so ever.  I told the doctor this, and they gave me a shot of Kenalog to help with the all over pain, as the prednisone is not even helping at the moment, but as far as the fatigue, it is the Sjogren's, and there is really nothing we can do about it.  I take 1000 of B-12, and many other vitamines and supplements.  My lymph nodes have been swollen a lot, off and on, so I take extra supplements to keep my immune system up.  I don't know what to do. The SS has been playing havoc with my internal organs, kidneys, liver, stomach and intestines, as well as now I have peripheral neuropathy in both feet and lower legs.  I sure wish they could come up with something to help us!  I've done everything I know, and have tried all I know, I've done everything the doctors have told me to do. 

?The one thing that has helped me from getting sick is L-Lysine 1000mg and Vit C 1000mg, I take 2 of those every day, along with the B-12, and B-6, Vit D-3 2000mcg, and others just to keep my immune system up.

I know I am at my witts end.  I wish I could be of more help to you!!!  I'm so sorry you have to go through this crazy thing we have!!!  I would not wish this on anyone!!!  I wish you luck Glensy!!  God Bless!! 

• Posted

Hi deidra...I too take many vitamins.. Have just started one that is for fatigue and tiredness...it's an iron and folic acid..as of yet not noticed much difference... I hope the medication helps soon for you..

• Posted

Hi Glenys...yes, I too take prescription strength folic acid, and I do take iron as well...that one was started about 2 months ago...but no difference yet either.  I just can not believe how tired I feel all the time now.  It's crazy.  Thank you...I hope you get relief soon too!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.