Full body eczema under control with phototherapy/Elocon

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a life long sufferer of eczema but over the past 18 months my skin deteriorated to the point where sleep, work, dressing etc became unmanageable. When I finally saw a dermatologist in an NHS hospital I was signed off for 3 weeks and given a new course of treatment. I'm writing about this because in the space of 4 months my skin is the best it has EVER been.

The consultant insisted on continuing me on steroids, though I was sceptical about their benefits after so long. The trick was that time off work. Using the steroid and allowing it to just work without pulling on clothes and rushing about itching all day. After two weeks of this I had no new gashes from scratching and so my skin could start to heal. I was also prescribed phototherapy which lasts three months. This is a slow process and takes a while to work but really pays off. The act of going for treatment regularly makes you feel more empowered- you are doing something concrete about it- and gives regular access to clinicians if you need it. The therapy itself has improved my skin so much that on my recent holiday I was able to swim in the sea and then sit on the beach and sunbathe! No rashes, no tight itchy skin, no flaking.

If you can get this treatment, I highly recommend it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I purchased foderma serum for my sister who was having severe cuts on the soles of her feet with blood oozing out of them & having great difficulty in walking..She tried many creams/lotions as well as medicines,but without any relief.After using this serum,she is 90% cured of the problem within 20 days and can walk without any pain.

• Posted

Hi

i am suffering with ezcema on both hands they are extremely painful, can it do anything, can't pick up anything without pain. It started about a month ago then seemed to get a bit better then last week it flared up again only thus time it is severe. I read you forum and found the cream amongst many I have so I have just applied it to my hands and hopefully it will work. I am under the NHS consultant but my appointment us not until November. Now I have it on my feet so I am putting the creM on them too hoping it will give me some relief.

many thanks

jean

• Posted

You can also get some releif by ensuring that you wear comfortable and thoroughly laundered cotton clothes. Ensure that you use fragrance free laundary soaps. You should avoid synthetic and woolen fibre materials as they are known to irratating especially when people suffer from eczema. 
  • Posted

Really glad you've found something that works well sir toot.

Just be careful about using Elocon long term as its a potent corticosteroid.

If your full body eczema may have been caused by previous corticosteroid use

on the first place, then please be cautious and consider discussing a reduction in the potency when you feel your condition is under control.

Best wishes

• Posted

I was left with moderate eczema on my face. I tried everything. My dermatologist recommended several products, which worked a little. I was unable to use them beyond 6 weeks, and they were uncomfortably greasy. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but Foderma serum suits it extremely well. I can go out without wearing foundation now and I look years younger, where I have applied it to the rest of my face! It has been a miracle for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.